Much anticipated June/July PedalSteel.us Mag

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Terry Wendt

Much anticipated June/July PedalSteel.us Mag

Post by Terry Wendt »

Finally! The magazine is going to the printer Monday September 22. The printer and binder will have it 14 days, then it will be mailed. Mail this time should take 3-4 days in the US and the same 7-10 days for Oversaes and Canada. You can mark this on your calendars. Short of an act of God that would prevent it, you can probably get it from your mailbox around October 13th. I will continue working on August/September and hopefully gain some ground back with steel work slacking up a bit, and through the lessons learned through building and assembling the first two issues. I plan on seeing this through to be a first rate publication and further promote steel guitar. Sort of like a mission Image

Thanks EVERYONE for your enduring patience and support! It's coming Image

Sincerely,
Terry Wendt

------------------
PedalSteel.us Magazine

TheEarlyDays.com

and appearing regularly...aLotOfSpace.com
Jimmy Crawford/Russ Hicks... and Buddy Emmons on Bass!

Gary Walker

Post by Gary Walker »

Terry, some just don't realize that having a new baby takes some time and your baby will get here when it's ready. Your undertaking is a step very few would or could do and I for one am willing to be patient, thanks for your efforts, Gary.
Craig A Davidson

Post by Craig A Davidson »

Terry, Maybe not putting a date on the issues would help. Just an issue and volume nimber. Then time wouldn't seem out of sync.
Terry Bethel

Post by Terry Bethel »

Terry,
I have been doing the Ozark Steel Guitar Association Newsletter for 10 years now. The only thing I can tell you is, Keep pluging away. You will eventually get everything together.
The Magazine is great, the advance issue I peaked at in St. Louis looked very promising.
Thanks for doing what I wanted to do, but could never find the time to do.
Terry Bethel
Sec/Treas
Ozarksga
Craig A Davidson

Post by Craig A Davidson »

Terry has quite a job ahead of him trying to put out a mag. It is not an easy job. Like trying to slay a lion with a BB gun.
Terry Wendt

Post by Terry Wendt »

Gary,

Yes, and If you've ever "had a baby, or two" you know that during the pregnancy you don't get any sleeeeep... and you get slooow and ggrrroggyy.. But, I am feeling better now that I have it ready to go Monday.

Craig, my wife has repeatedly asked me the same thing. Truthfully, the postal regulation for mass mailing at periodical rates requires "regularly scheduled publication dates for release/pub.", and though we can fall behind a little and stay at that rate, we must return to a consistent schedule with the publication release dates in order to keep the qualification for the periodical rate. However, without enough US subscriptions, we don't qualify for the rate at present anyway. I am willing to challenge these obstacles for the folks who have already ordered and have been so very, very patient! YOU GUYS (and Girls Image) DESERVE THIS! Image ...and I plan to do it!

Terry B, you have been a great inspiration in this project, even before it became a fact that we were going to give it a whirl. Thanks so much for this as well as your words of inspiration and encouragement above.

...and Terry B, I believe with what you do with Ozarksga I believe you would agree with me that Craig hit the nail on the head with the "Lion and the BB Gun" Image

Thanks everyone,

Terry Wendt

------------------
PedalSteel.us Magazine

TheEarlyDays.com

Jimmy Crawford/Russ Hicks... and Buddy Emmons on Bass!<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Terry Wendt on 21 September 2003 at 04:23 PM.]</p></FONT>
clive swindell

Post by clive swindell »

Terry

Can you remind us again how much it costs and how we pay you for international shipping.
Terry Wendt

Post by Terry Wendt »

Hi Clive,

Yes, here is the information-

<center>All postage is included in these current prices - click link below <B>-Feel free to order back issues here too-
</center>

<center>-Click Here for the Pricing Info/Order Page-</center>

<center>-IMPORTANT NOTE-</center>
-The deadline, for subscriptions to begin with the June/July Issue included is October 30, 2003.</B> All subscriptions placed after 10/30/03 will begin with the Aug/Sept Issue. There is no alternative to beating the deadline with your order if you want to receive the June/July issue as your first, as we have no control over the postal regulations that do not allow us to successfully mail past issues any other way within our subscription priced shipping budget.</center>

Our Feb/Mar 2003 INAUGURAL ISSUE REPRINT is expected to be back in stock in Oct. for shipping also. Anyone who has ordered that first issue within the past few weeks (while it has been out of stock) should receive their Feb/Mar 2003 copy around the same 10/13-10/21 timeframe.

You can also Mail Order:
<center>US Subscriptions - $54.00 US Dollars - 1 yr.,
CANADA & MEXICO Subscriptions - $63.00 US Dollars - 1 yr.,
OVERSEAS Subscriptions - $78.00 US Dollars - 1 yr.</center>

To:
PedalSteel.us Magazine
PO BOX 290217
NASHVILLE, TN 37229-0217
c/o 1 year Subscription

Past Issues:
<center>US Single Issue - $11.95 US Dollars,
CANADA & MEXICO Single Issue - $13.95 US Dollars,
OVERSEAS Single Issue - $15.95 US Dollars
</center>

I hope this answers the questions thoroughly.

Thank you again for your support!

Sincerely,
Terry Wendt

PedalSteel.us Magazine

TheEarlyDays.com

Jimmy Crawford/Russ Hicks... and Buddy Emmons on Bass!<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Terry Wendt on 06 October 2003 at 11:25 AM.]</p></FONT>
Terry Wendt

Post by Terry Wendt »

They are being mailed today! Yee Haw!!!!!!!!!
Bob Putnam

Post by Bob Putnam »

Terry,

You and Shorty Rogers have done a very fine job on this issue. It is well constructed. I will help you with photos in the future also.

Bob Putnam
Terry Wendt

Post by Terry Wendt »

Thank you so much Bob! I thoroughly enjoyed meeting you this past week, and do look forward to seeing you again soon... and thanks for taking all of the photos!!!

Terry