grand ole opry

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Max Williamson

grand ole opry

Post by Max Williamson »

What happen to the second show at the opry this past saturday, I was on my way home from a gig,and always
listened to the eleven o!clock show.guess what, no opry.must be true about the rumor I have heard about
canceling the second show.
Cleat Wooley

Post by Cleat Wooley »

WHY ,????
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Years ago they used to cut out some shows in the winter (the slow tourist season for the Opry and Nashville). Maybe they have implemented it again.

I looked at the schedule for both Friday and Saturday night and was surprised that I only saw one artist listed that I didn't recognize.
Cleat Wooley

Post by Cleat Wooley »

MAYBE, just wonderingcould be ,bring back some of the VETS. just because your over 40 does't mean it;s OVER. Country music FANS are very faithful I'am told.Just a thought????! Still love the old rhymon. :D
Brett Day

Post by Brett Day »

I wonder if they only put the Opry on radio when it's at the Opry house, but through February, they do the Opry in my favorite building, the Ryman Auditorium.

Brett
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Cleat, everyone except one person on the Opry schedule for last Friday and Saturday night were "traditional" country. I was surprised when I saw who was on.
Cleat Wooley

Post by Cleat Wooley »

JACK, all I can say.. it is sign of the times.
Cleat Wooley

Post by Cleat Wooley »

JACK, all I can say.. it is sign of the times. I've listen to my reitives, who live right side of Nashvill TN. and they ask me what happen to grand old son.??? [Cookville,sparty etc.] I guest we're getting OLDER!!! :\
Cleat Wooley

Post by Cleat Wooley »

bump, But I realy like the new sounds there getting from the GUITAR!!!!!!!!and in differts style of MUSIC today..
Cleat Wooley

Post by Cleat Wooley »

2 bump [I MEAN STEEL GUITARS!!!!!!!!!.]
Pete Finney

Post by Pete Finney »

Jack Stoner wrote:Cleat, everyone except one person on the Opry schedule for last Friday and Saturday night were "traditional" country.
How hard is that to understand; Really, could that be any clearer?

Never mind; Of course since we all know that the Opry isn't country anymore, why should we let actual facts confuse us...
Theresa Galbraith

Post by Theresa Galbraith »

When does the Thursday night GOO start?
Joey Ace

What Country Is Dead ?

Post by Joey Ace »

Jack's right. I looked up the schedule for Friday Jan. 09, 2009.

Loretta Lynn, Vince Gill, The Grascals, Randy Houser, Melissa Lawson, Riders In The Sky, Mike Snider, Jimmy Dickens and Connie Smith

Saturday Jan 10th:
Loretta Lynn, Blake Shelton, Del McCoury, Jimmy Dickens, Mike Snider, Connie Smith, Stonewall Jackson.

And to add to the traditional vibe, it's at The Ryman !
Max Williamson

Grand Ole Opry

Post by Max Williamson »

Still no second show this past saturday night at the Ryman 1/10/09. would like to know what is going on with Pete in charge.I worked the opry in the mid to late sixes , never knew them to cancel a show due to bad weather,(rain,sleet,snow etc.)we had to be there and enjoyed every minute of it. Max
Theresa Galbraith

Post by Theresa Galbraith »

Sounds traditional country to me.
Cass Broadview

Post by Cass Broadview »

I think, because it is the slow season around nashville. It's a good time to put the "Vets" in. This has got to be their thinking, they save money this way to i bet. Just a thought.
Pete Finney

Post by Pete Finney »

I think, because it is the slow season around nashville. It's a good time to put the "Vets" in. This has got to be their thinking, they save money this way to i bet.
For what it's worth it doesn't really work that way; the biggest stars like Alan Jackson and Garth Brooks get paid the same as the newcomers or the old-timers; same with their musicians...

And they have the "Vets" in all year round, mixed in with brand new acts, current stars, and bluegrass acts; just about like it has always been it seems to me...