Jagwire strings

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jody Sanders

Post by Jody Sanders »

Like Walter, I have tried many brands of strings. I prefer Frenchy's Silent Series in nickel wound. Jody.
Scott Hiestand

Post by Scott Hiestand »

I used to use George L's and then switched to Cobras (I think Bobbe still sells them). When I bought my new Derby I loved the tone and on my first string change I went to Jagwire's - I felt I lost a little of the warmth. Called Dana at AllSteelGuitar and he told me he had put SITs on the Derby so I went back those and was happier. It looks like a lot of folks here love the Jagwires and I am not knocking them at all, I just prefer the SITs. Probably a lot of factors play into preference.....amp, pickups, picking style, etc. Just my two cents.

On the ZB it doesn't matter what brand - they all sound great! :lol:
Last edited by Scott Hiestand on 12 Jan 2009 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frank Harris

jagwiire

Post by Frank Harris »

I been using Jagwire for serveral years now they last for a long time and I never break a third string. My strings have been on for about eight months now guess I may change just because its been so long but they are still sounding great. Go Jagwire you are a winner in my book
Ernest Cawby

strings

Post by Ernest Cawby »

I used SIT for about a year, the 3rd would break in 3 weeks, over and over, I could tell when they were about to break one night I told Linda I will break a string tonight, yep 30 min. later.
I changed to Herby wallace Jags and have never broken a string again. On my Pro 1 I had a set on for 4 months and they started sounding bad, Onmy Professional it never broke a jag string, on my Carter in had bad marks on the finger but never broke a string in the year I had it, so I didn not file away the marks.I put Jags on my williams, have not broken a string yet.
It is Herby's Jags for me.

ernie
Marke Burgstahler

Post by Marke Burgstahler »

I keep seeing lots of success stories about the Jagwires. Of course we all have different tastes and different touches and different guitars and different amps, etc...so I'll just order up some Jag's and give em a try. I am interested in the PF set because of the heavier gauges - I switched to heavier strings on my 6 strings for bottleneck work and it really helped.

Thank you one and all for your posts! Love this forum...
"It Don't Mean A Thing If It Aint' Got That Swing"
Danny Hullihen

Jagwire Strings

Post by Danny Hullihen »

Thanks guys!! We sincerely appreciate all of you, and your dedication and support for Jagwire.