hello from newbie!

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Adam Gejdos

hello from newbie!

Post by Adam Gejdos »

Hello all. Brand new to the forum! After lurking about for a while and reading tons of useful information I figured I should join the party! I've been playing electric guitar for 32 years but last year I figured I should learn lap steel and dobro to augment my arsenal and hopefully get more gigs. A funny thing happened though...I've become obsessed with all things steel and now my teles are sad! I currently own a Gibson BR4 and a Gold Tone dobro. I have many, many questions so please have patience as I attempt to (one day) make some actual music out of these beautiful instruments.
Cheers,
Adam
Les Anderson

Post by Les Anderson »

Welcome Adam. You can learn a lot from the many years of experience of the guys and gals in here.
Kevin Brown

Post by Kevin Brown »

welcome aboard Adam, only seemed like yesterday when I posted the same message, theres a lot of bridges to cross but this river will be a blessing, best wishes and good luck
Josh Cho

Post by Josh Cho »

Adam,

Welcome to the "boards", you definitely did the right thing for your playing by joining these forums.

And don't feel too bad about your Teles, you may find that your steel playing begins to inform your standard guitar playing in ways that you never would have discovered had you not picked up the 'bar'....

Much luck to you my brother in your new creative adventure...may your strings always be fat with tone...
Pete Woronowski

Post by Pete Woronowski »

Hey Adam, Great to have you here!
Take Care, Pete
Mullen Royal Precision
Ray Langley

Post by Ray Langley »

Welcome, Adam! With a nut-raiser and a bridge adjustment, you will be pleasantly amazed at the tone of a Tele-Lap Steel....