SMS FreeLoader on the Opry

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Brad Sarno

Post by Brad Sarno »

In that case, you just may find some benefit in having the Freeloader up front, not only for the sake of having a better sounding buffer circuit than the delay pedal has, but also to have the load control knob as a tone control to perfectly dial in the load on the pickup.

Brad

http://www.sarnomusicsolutions.com/prod ... oader.html
Joe Butcher

Post by Joe Butcher »

Thanks Brad!!!!
Ron !

Post by Ron ! »

Brad,

is this the same as the Seymour Duncan "Pick-Up Booster"?
I have one of these and have a real good tone with it.Just wondering if it has the same effect.....I am always interested in a more clear sound.

Ron
Brad Sarno

Post by Brad Sarno »

Hi Ron,

Nope, the FreeLoader is a very different animal. That Duncan booster has a "fixed" impedance load of 500k Ohms, so it would have a "fixed" tonal response from the pickup. Plus it's a gain device that boosts level to help a guitar drive an amp into overdrive. It would not offer the variable loading tone control of the FreeLoader.

The FreeLoader is all about the range of tone offered by varying the impedance load that the pickup sees. The FreeLoader is not a booster. It has no gain. It's a "unity gain" buffer.

Thanks,
Brad
Terry Huval

Post by Terry Huval »

Brad,

I received my Freeloader from you late this week and used it for a performance last night without even checking it out in advance (that's trust, isn't it?). It worked very well in getting me the tone I wanted. My steel really sounded clean with it.

Thanks for developing such a good product.

Terry
Tommy R. Butler

Post by Tommy R. Butler »

Did a session on Music Row today.. Everyone loved it thru a single Nash 112. I used it with My Webb last Sat nite and I loved it !!!
Morton Kellas

Post by Morton Kellas »

I received my FreeLoader from Brad a couple weeks ago and would not be without it. I am very pleased with this unit as it does exactly what Brad says it does. It really does take that harsh edge off your top end and provides a much richer tone. Highly recommended.
Brad Sarno

Post by Brad Sarno »

I'm down to my last 7 FreeLoaders from this batch. When they're gone, it'll be probably 4 to 6 weeks for me to restock.

Brad

http://www.sarnomusicsolutions.com/store.html
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

Ordered one earlier this week. I hadn't seen this thread till today. I guess I'll get mine in time for Christmas. Who says there is no Santa Clause. ;-)
Zumsteel steel guitars, Telonics and Peavey amplifiers, GHS strings.
Drew Howard

Post by Drew Howard »

Brad,

Is the Freeloader similar to the Goodrich Model 60?
My Model 60 fritzed and so I'm looking at replacing it.

thanks,
Drew
Brad Sarno

Post by Brad Sarno »

Drew, go back to page 1 of this thread and read my answer right after Steve Norman's question. I address this issue there.

Thanks,
Brad
David Pinkston

Black Box

Post by David Pinkston »

Brad-

Love the Black Box.. you make great products and are a pleasure to deal with.

Here's to a great 2009 for you....
Skip Cole

Post by Skip Cole »

I'm looking forward to recieving my Freeloader, been hearing a lot of good reviews from those that have them. Happy new year .
Skip