new BJS bar

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Delvin Morgan

new BJS bar

Post by Delvin Morgan »

Mr Bill Stroud and all, I just got a 15/16 12 string bar. I have used a 1" 10 string bar for 3 years, and debated for a long time wheather I should spring for a new bar, well I'm glad I did. Besides the expected smoothness of the bar, it fits my hand so perfectly, it is so comforfable, that was unexpected, and that alone is worth the price of it.
Another happy customer :D
Tamara James

Re: new BJS bar

Post by Tamara James »

Delvin Morgan wrote:that alone is worth the price of it.
Another happy customer :D
Yep. What he said. I second it. :D

And I would like to add that the customer service is EXCELLENT!
James Marlowe

Post by James Marlowe »

Brother Bill is definitely good people!
No wonder his bars are so great.
jrm :)
JACK HEERN

Post by JACK HEERN »

You won't find anybody better than Bill!
Service is great! And I almost forgot to say he makes a decient bar :o :o . Mine has only lasted about 20 years, must a corperate flaw somewhere :o :o . Oh welllll
Jack
Richard Parks

Re: New BJS bar

Post by Richard Parks »

I've had my new 7/8 10 string bar for about a month and it's as smooth as glass. Worth every penny.
Carter D10 8 & 5, NV112, FLSTC
Mickey Adams

Bjs

Post by Mickey Adams »

No finer human being alive than BJ...I use the 15/16 12 string bar as well Delvin.....Mick
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Ernest Cawby

also

Post by Ernest Cawby »

we enjoyed his visit to the fl. jam.

ernie
Jody Sanders

Post by Jody Sanders »

Bill Stroud is "THE MAN" for steel guitar bars. Jody.
Bill Stroud

BJS Bars

Post by Bill Stroud »

Thanks to all of you for the kind words, I just wonder how many UK players that plays the BJS Bar?
How many Plain nose and how many Birthstone bars are over there.
Just curious.

I just shipped some to Italy,& France...amazing how many Steel players cross the big pond, and I must say some great players from what I've heard.

I joined the British Steelies that's going to be a great site.
Thanks for the invite.
Bill
Pat Comeau

Post by Pat Comeau »

BJS bars are #1 in my book and Bill is a great person to do busines with :D
Comeau SD10 4x5, Comeau S10 3x5, Peavey Session 500,Fender Telecaster,Fender Stratocaster, Fender Precision,1978 Ovation Viper electric. Alvarez 4 strings Violin electric.

Click the links to listen to my Comeau's Pedal Steel Guitars.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIYiaomZx3Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2GhZTN_ ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvDTw2zNriI
David Hartley

Hi Bill

Post by David Hartley »

I just got a call from David Chapman UK who received his 15/16" 12 String bar today from Gerry Hogan. I recommended it, he bought it and he loves it..

See you in Dallas, have a great Christmas

David Hartley
Joe Rouse

BJS Bars

Post by Joe Rouse »

I received a 7/8 BJS bar for an early Christmas present and WOW. Big difference in what I'd been using...Good service and great product...Joe Rouse
Ken Byng

Post by Ken Byng »

I use one of your bars Mr Stroud. Excellent quality
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Infinity SD10 (4+5) Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,
Bill Stroud

BJS Bars

Post by Bill Stroud »

Thanks David, I'm sure David Chapman will get a lot of years of use from the bar he purchased.
Gerry has been a dealer over there for many years, I know he's got a lot of players over there using them. Thanks Ken and Joe, Pat, Jody, Ernest, Mickey, Richard, Jack, James, Tamara, Delvin, for using the BJS Bars, Jody how many years have you had yours, I can't remember.
I'm looking forward to Dallas this coming March, but until then, I'm wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New year.

Bill
Bill Stroud

BJS Bars

Post by Bill Stroud »

Thanks David, I'm sure David Chapman will get a lot of years of use from the bar he purchsed.
Gerry has been a dealer over there for many years, I know he's got a lot of players over there using them.
I'm looking forward to Dallas this coming March, but until then, I'm wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New year.

Bill
Bill Stroud

Bjs

Post by Bill Stroud »

Well looks like David Chapman is a happy camper, David thanks for using the BJS Bar, and you got it from a great guy Gerry Hogan.
With guys like David Hartley and Gerry Hogan guiding you in what you should use or play you can't go wrong.
Bill
Bill Stroud

Logo

Post by Bill Stroud »

Hi Jim Harper, Jim send me your address and I'll send you your Logo, I emailed you but haven't heard back, thought you might see this here.
Bill
Ken Mizell

Post by Ken Mizell »

Delvin and Mickey - Y'all mentioned using 12 string bars on 10 string necks. I guess that must work out great. I was wondering about getting a 12 string bar myself - I reason that it gives you a bit more to hang on to than a 10 string bar. What's your take on it?
Steeless.
Delvin Morgan

Post by Delvin Morgan »

Ken, actually I do have a 12 string exE9. I have played with a 10 string bar for 3 years that worked OK, but just wanted to try a BJS and a 12 string bar and I really like it.
Williams S-12,Nashville-112, VK 100 head/Justice 15" BW speaker cab, Peavey Pro-Fex II,5 guitars and a banjo
Ken Mizell

Post by Ken Mizell »

Thanks Delvin. I think I'm going to order the 7/8" 12 string BJS bar someday soon. I play a 10 string, but I like the idea of a longer bar, even though it's only just about 1/4".
Steeless.
Bernie Gonyea

A Bjs Bar

Post by Bernie Gonyea »

:D :roll:

Bill : I love your PaPa John Model bar which I purchased from you a few months back; I have a frozen left thumb, which I broke when in the Navy back in the fifties. But your Bar really fits my hand very well. Bill; you da man..Bernie :whoa: :whoa:
2007 Zum S-10; 1967 Sho-Bud [ D-10 ]; 85 S-10 Sierra; 1953 Multi-Kord [ 6 String- 4 pedals ] A Sho-Bro six String Resonator Guitar; Nashville 112 Amp; hilton Vol. Pedal
Bill Stroud

Bjs

Post by Bill Stroud »

Hi Bernie,
I'm glad that the JH Bar helped you, keep on picking. Just wear that bar out..
Bill
Pat Comeau

Post by Pat Comeau »

Bill said=
Just wear that bar out...

yeh right! :wink: ...the only way to wear a BJS bar is to use a grinder :whoa: or something like it cause just using it for playing steel you'll never see the end of it. 8)

Enjoy you BJS bar Bernie. :D

i'll be buying a second one in the futur just in case i loose it or something :P
Comeau SD10 4x5, Comeau S10 3x5, Peavey Session 500,Fender Telecaster,Fender Stratocaster, Fender Precision,1978 Ovation Viper electric. Alvarez 4 strings Violin electric.

Click the links to listen to my Comeau's Pedal Steel Guitars.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIYiaomZx3Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2GhZTN_ ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvDTw2zNriI
Mike Healy

Post by Mike Healy »

Just recieved my 7/8" plain nose from Bill ..AWESOME BAR ! It was my first time doing business with him -excellent service and great communication. I emailed him regarding some prices and he actually called me back to discuss. Very impressed. Ended up buying a Hilton Pedal and a Steelers seat from him as well. Shipped as promised ..Thanks Bill and thanks to this forum!
Mullen SD-10 - Hilton - Steelers Seat - BJS Bar -Jagwires
Bill Stroud

Bjs

Post by Bill Stroud »

Hi Mike,
I'm glad you like your new toys, now pick away. I would tell you to wear it out, but Pat would challenge you to that test, so it might wear you out.
But practice, practice, practice it won't show know wear on the bar I've been trying since 1974 to wear mine out, but no it still hangs in there.
Thanks to all for using the BJS Bar, Mike enjoy it.
Bill