How can I dress this up?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Glen Derksen

Post by Glen Derksen »

The covering is formica. I guess I prefer darker colors because maybe it's a subconcious thing regarding my own fair coloring. I wear mostly dark clothes and I like brunette women. Anyway, I'm glad you all like the way it looks. I might just go with minor cosmetics like the custom pinstriping that Tommy mentioned or tastefully done flames or fancier bordering. Thanks everyone, and have a very Merry Christmas. :D
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Howz this???Merry Christmas.
Image :lol: :lol:
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Glen Derksen

Re: dress up

Post by Glen Derksen »

Dwight Lewis wrote:This looks like formica already. I think you could polish whatever aluminum you have and put some gold Grover tuner keys on and maybe even different fret boards, but she is a beaut as is. Looks alot like an MSA. What company made this steel and are they still in business? Also you could change pickups, depending what sound you like get yourself custom wound split coil humbuckers where you can get clean and warm sounds, Humbuckers look the business at the tail end, kind of like flowmasters on a Ford F-150.
Dwight, as far as I know, Wayne Link is still building steels, but I read that he might be selling the company soon. You're partly right about the MSA thing...I heard that a lot of the technology is MSA related. According to the Linkon parts catalogue, many of the parts are MSA. Thanks for the suggestions and have a Merry Christmas.
Glen Derksen

Post by Glen Derksen »

Stu Schulman wrote:Howz this???Merry Christmas.
Image :lol: :lol:
WOW!!!
Alan Brookes

Post by Alan Brookes »

Glen Derksen wrote:The covering is formica..... :D
...got me again. :oops: :oops: :lol:
Skip Ellis

Post by Skip Ellis »

Stu, you are one warped human being!!
2013 Brook Torridge, 2014 Martin 000-18, two homebrew Teles, Evans RE200 amp, Quilter 101R head, understanding wife of 45 years. 'Steeless' at the moment but looking......
Tim Jones of Kansas

Post by Tim Jones of Kansas »

You could have an artist hand paint a scene on it for you. That would be neat.

Unfortunately, I don't have a picture, I'll have to look, but I knew an old fellow who was both a steel player and a painter. He took his Fender steel (two 400's bolted together to make a D-8 ), and painted the entire thing to look like a blue sky with clouds. It was beautiful!

:)
Glen Derksen

Post by Glen Derksen »

Tim Jones wrote:You could have an artist hand paint a scene on it for you. That would be neat.

Unfortunately, I don't have a picture, I'll have to look, but I knew an old fellow who was both a steel player and a painter. He took his Fender steel (two 400's bolted together to make a D-8 ), and painted the entire thing to look like a blue sky with clouds. It was beautiful!

:)
That's a great idea! I know some people who are talented artists. I think model paint would work well.
Tommy Young

Post by Tommy Young »

have a music noted muriel painted on the front of it,, maybe to nightlife would be sharp
TOMMY YOUNG
MAX-TONE MODIFICATIONS
BMI dealer,Classic VIBE 100 amp... SIT strings..
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Glen,I went to see the new Movie "Valkyrie" with Tom Cruise today,he kept taking out his fake eyeball so I thought this time I would eyeballs,Stu :lol: :lol:
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Glen Derksen

Post by Glen Derksen »

:lol: :lol: Stu, I like those! How do you that psychadelic(sp?) stuff?
Robert Harper

Dress It Up

Post by Robert Harper »

I can't get over the fact that no one suggested it be done in Black. I woul play better and look skinner. Maybe feel lighter. Tommy where is Ethelsville Al
"Oh what a tangled web we weave when we first begin to deceive" Someone Famous
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Glen,It's an older H.P.program called Photosmart,It with with a camera a few years ago,It's like the idiot's version of Photo Shop,If you P.M. Me and send an address I'll burn a copy for you,Stu ;-) ;-) ;-)
Bo Legg

Post by Bo Legg »

Why not glue a mirror on the front and it will always match the decor of of your gig.
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Or how about some of those stick-on bullet hole and some chicken wire, and a "Music Row" bumper sticker?