you tube,

The machines we love to hate

Moderator: Wiz Feinberg

Lewis John Foote

you tube,

Post by Lewis John Foote »

howdy, its really annoying that i cant watch you tube, without it stopping every few seconds,? is there a cure, thats not to complicated, thanks, lew.
pro1,s two round fronts, one square front, sho-bud, S12, LDG,1977, built by paul franklin sen, [THE PROFESSIONAL]nice all original, bandit65, nash, 400, profex 11,match-box, 7A,DD3, delay,various accoustic guitars, amps, and other necessitys,
Randy Koenen

Post by Randy Koenen »

Lew, I've had the same problem once in a while. (Slow internet connection) the only thing to do is hit the pause button and let it fully load so it doesn't buffer on you.
1984 E9/B6 ZUM; Pre RP E9/B6 Mullen
Billy Murdoch

Post by Billy Murdoch »

Do You have a broadband connection?

Billy
Andy Sandoval

Post by Andy Sandoval »

It's pretty frustratin to try and watch any kind of video with a dial up internet connection. Broadband is the only way to go.
Lewis John Foote

howdy, yes we are on broadband,? lew.
pro1,s two round fronts, one square front, sho-bud, S12, LDG,1977, built by paul franklin sen, [THE PROFESSIONAL]nice all original, bandit65, nash, 400, profex 11,match-box, 7A,DD3, delay,various accoustic guitars, amps, and other necessitys,
Billy Murdoch

Post by Billy Murdoch »

Hi Lew,
Sometimes if the 'net is busy it gets pretty hard to get stuff thru'.
Most times I get on ok.
Good Luck
Billy
Les Anderson

Post by Les Anderson »

Below is usually the problem and solution with slow feed when it comes to watching graphics on the computer. This is for a PC, not Mac.

Click on the "START" button ,,,,,,,,click on "ALL PROGRAMS" . Slide your mouse pointer up to "ACCESSORIES" then click on "SYSTEM TOOLS"

You should be in a window called where there are a list of maintenance tool options.
There are two procedures you need to do.

First; click on "DISC CLEANUP " It will probably ask you which disc you want cleaned up. Click on "DISC C" (this is your main hard drive)

Click on REMOVE ALL TEMPORARY FILES temporary files.

After that is complete go back into Accessories and click on "DISC FRAGMENTER"

Once again, a window will come up that will give you two or three option. Click on "ANALYZE"

From there, a screen will tell you if you have to defragment your hard drive or not. If it does say "YOUR DISC NEEDS TO BE DEFRAGMENTED" then click on "DEFRAGMENT NOW".

This procedure can take up to 24 hrs if your hard drive is badly disorganized or scrambled so be patient. (the nerds call this FRAGMENTED).

I hope this helps some or works to enhance your YouTube watching.

Les
Charlie Shifflett

Internet fast

Post by Charlie Shifflett »

Hey guys
I had to go to the sky broadband and it is zip fast
it down loads faster the music gets started

I have hughesnet.com and I love it.

Have a happy and safe holidays .
Charlie S. emmons 1968 p/p 5/8
Billy McCombs

youtube

Post by Billy McCombs »

Lewis, If you dont already have Real player, Google it and you can save all the Youtube videos that you want. I had the same problem trying to watch YT videos. When watching the video in the top right hand corner it will ask if you want to down load to Real player. It will down load it before it even plays thru, then you watch it on Real Player. I must have at least 50 saved You tube videos, Oh, and another thing you can do is right click on the video and save under Favorites. Try it. Thanks Billy
78 Emmons PP,Great tone.82 Emmons SKH #56
Lewis John Foote

howdy, tried the fragmented way, not sure if its any better or not, hey, BILLY, give me more explicit directions on the google it way, i was gonna down load real play, but there was a million acceptance clauses? couldnt really under stand if i would end up payin for the service,so i jacked out,let me know about google it, or how to save it on my favourites, thanks, lew.
Al Marcus

Post by Al Marcus »

Les-Thanks for your explanation about getting a cleaner computer..I would like to try that in "Accessories" but somehow lost it on my "All Programs" and cant find it.
Maybe Wiz could find out how I can get it back...thanks..al.:)
Michigan (MSGC)Christmas Dinner and Jam on my 80th Birthday.

My Email.. almarcus@cmedic.net
My Website..... www.cmedic.net/~almarcus
Wiz Feinberg

Post by Wiz Feinberg »

Al Marcus wrote:Les-Thanks for your explanation about getting a cleaner computer..I would like to try that in "Accessories" but somehow lost it on my "All Programs" and cant find it.
Maybe Wiz could find out how I can get it back...thanks..al.:)
Al;
Please fill me in on what you are asking me...
"Wiz" Feinberg, Moderator SGF Computers Forum
Security Consultant
Twitter: @Wizcrafts
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog
Andy Sandoval

Post by Andy Sandoval »

I think Al's refering to "disk cleanup" and "disk defragmenter".

Al, click on the start button then go to all programs/accessories/then look in system tools.
Al Marcus

Post by Al Marcus »

Wiz-Thanks for your reply and inquiry. Here is what happened. quite a while ago, I had "All PROGRAM FILES" on my screen, looking for something. I accidently cliked on my mouse and saw the "ACCESSORIES" Disappear. from the program list. WEIRD. I looked all over for it and did a search and found some of the programs that were in Accessories, but the Clean up and Defrag, type of programs were not there. Usually the administer stuff? I know it must be there, just cant get to it.Probably ,You, with your expertise, can figure it out.Thanks..al.:).

Al Marcus

Post by Al Marcus »

Andy-thanks for your reply and help. I have cliked on Start and all programs, but NO Accessories on it.It used to be there but got lost...al.:)

Wiz Feinberg

Post by Wiz Feinberg »

Al Marcus wrote:Wiz-Thanks for your reply and inquiry. Here is what happened. quite a while ago, I had "All PROGRAM FILES" on my screen, looking for something. I accidently cliked on my mouse and saw the "ACCESSORIES" Disappear. from the program list. WEIRD. I looked all over for it and did a search and found some of the programs that were in Accessories, but the Clean up and Defrag, type of programs were not there. Usually the administer stuff? I know it must be there, just cant get to it.Probably ,You, with your expertise, can figure it out.Thanks..al.:).
Al;
In Windows XP, Accessories is loaded from this path:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories

Use My Computer to try to navigate to this location. If Accessories is missing from that location you have accidentally deleted it for all users of the computer. That is something that only an administrator can do, so you must be running as an administrator to have deleted this system-wide basic folder and its contents.

If this has happened you have two choices for rebuilding the missing Accessories directory. One is to reinstall Windows using a Repair Install, and the other is to create a new folder at the aforementioned location and recreate all of the shortcuts that usually occupy it. Either way this is going to be tedious and fraught with danger, if done incorrectly.

A simpler solution is to use My Computer and right-click on the C drive icon, select PROPERTIES, where you will find the Disk Cleanup button. Use it, then click on the TOOLS tab. The Tools page contains buttons to run Error checking (Chkdsk) and the Disk Defragmenter, plus the system Backup utility.
Security Consultant
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog
Al Marcus

Post by Al Marcus »

Wiz-thanks again. I think you got it!

What a horrible program that lets that happen to anyone.
You would think they would have programmed some kind of safeguard for that.
Computer software is not any where near good enough yet for us non-professionals.

That never should have happened.

But sure are glad we got this Forum and you to help us out. Thanks again.Happy New Year...al:):)

Wiz Feinberg

Post by Wiz Feinberg »

Al;Contact me directly if you need assistance reinstalling Windows. There are certain steps that need to be taken in sequence.
Security Consultant
Al Marcus

Post by Al Marcus »

Hi Wiz-Thanks. I did as you suggested and did a Cleanup, and Dfrag. I save lots. I got a lot of extra space in the GB's. Looks like 157GB free space and 132 GB used. That is more like it. I still have just too many files on my computer, like about 447,000 files. I wish I knew which ones I dont need anymore to make everything faster. I had a full scan by Norton a few days ago, and they said about 700,000 files, so we are gaining. Thanks again.Good old Michigan , snow and all..al.:):)

Ken Lang

Post by Ken Lang »

Hey Billy. I used to be able to do the same thing with real player but I did the upgrade it called for and now it won't do it anymore. It says that function is no longer available. If your version is old, don't update. If it's new, perhaps they added it again?
heavily medicated for your safety