Jeff Chance: R.I.P.

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Fred Jack

Jeff Chance: R.I.P.

Post by Fred Jack »

Jeff Chance was found dead in his car about three hours ago near his mothers home in El Campo, Texas.Many of you know Jeff, as he was a mighty fine musician,and he worked the national scene for a while.No reason for death at this time.Rest In Peace,Brother!
Dennis Lobdell

Post by Dennis Lobdell »

Fred: Thanks, Jeff was my friend.This is sad for sure. Dennis
Larry King

Post by Larry King »

This is so hard to believe. I'm sure he was a young man comparatively speaking. This may sound funny but I still remember where I was driving when I first heard his cut on "Walk Softly On The Bridges". He did an incredible job on it. I'm very saddened by this news and pray for his family.
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

Man, this is really bad. Jeff was a good pal.

Fiddle, steel, guitar, singer, Jeff could do it all. He and I worked on Johnny Bush's band together for a couple years, and we'd known each other since the early 80's when his band Texas Pride played the same halls as my band Texas Fever.

My condolences to the entire Barosch family, and all other friends of Jeff here on the forum.
My rig: Infinity and Telonics.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Fred Jack

Fiddle

Post by Fred Jack »

Yes, his death certainly was untimely,to us.Larry,I think he was about the age of Dottie and Benny which would be about 48-50.I met him in 79 and we continued to run into each other over the years.
Herb, Jade played fiddle with Jeff and Johnny B. last Sunday nite at The Cotton Club.
Larry Schoppe

Post by Larry Schoppe »

I had the pleasure of working with Jeff several times in Bill Middleton's band. He was a real professional and will be missed greatly in the music community.
Jody Sanders

Post by Jody Sanders »

My post on Jeff,s passing is under he "Gone Home" section. Tonight will be a hard gig to play with this on my mind. Jody.
Jody Sanders

Post by Jody Sanders »

Can anyone post directions to the Church? I will be coming in on Hwy 59. Jody.
Brandon Ordoyne

Post by Brandon Ordoyne »

This is sad news...Jeff will be missed.

I had the honor to share the stage with Jeff a while back, and get to see him do some studio work. What a talented guy. He will be truly missed. My condolences to the family.

Brandon