Wayne Appleby

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

David C Neal

Wayne Appleby

Post by David C Neal »

Hey Steelers,

I just wanted to say Wayne is one fine steel player I had the pleasure to me him a few years back and can he move! Wayne is currently playing steel with the Great Jean Stafford in Australia and is planning a world tour with Jean which will include the U.S.A.

Wayne has toured with such people as Jean Stafford, Slim Whitman, Charley Pride, Frank Ifield, Daniel O’Donnell, Reg Lindsay, Nev Nicholls, Dr. Hook, Ray Kernigan, has worked shows with Wayne Horsburgh just to name a few and recorded with many major artists in Australia..

Don't miss a chance to hear him you won’t be disappointed

David C Neal
Paddy Long

Post by Paddy Long »

He's not a bad Dobro player either - for a white haired old bugger !! :D

Check him out at this site:

http://www.nashvillemusicpros.com/profile/WayneAppleby
Last edited by Paddy Long on 28 Oct 2008 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremy Threlfall

Post by Jeremy Threlfall »

and a very friendly and helpful gentleman
Wayne Appleby

Post by Wayne Appleby »

Well guys, I have finally joined this great site, so thanks Dave for the post and Paddy, watch the old white haired....... as you put it ha!!!
As I mentioned on another post Jimmie Crawford did his best to get me to join wnen I was at his home back in 04, but guess I was slack so hi to all my buddies in Aus, NZ and the US.
Thank you for the opportunity

Wayne

Mike Gross

Post by Mike Gross »

Wayne,

Amigo, it is great to see you on board with the Steel Forum.

Send my best to Jean!
Mike
Bill Stafford

Greetings

Post by Bill Stafford »

Wayne, dittoes on all the good remarks for you. Well deserved, my friend. One of the very best here folks, and give my best to Jean Stafford.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Hope to see all of you next year.
Bill Stafford
Wayne Appleby

Post by Wayne Appleby »

Ha Guys,

Thanks for the welcome, as you know I have been viewing the forum for a few years and glad to be aboard.

Jean has gone home to Tasmania for Christmas Bill and I am still here in the office so I will pass your best wishes.
Merry Christmas all

Wayne

Mike Kirkley

Wayne Appleby

Post by Mike Kirkley »

Wayne, you DA MAN!!!! Fellow Forumites, words can't express my admiration for this man. He's a terrific steel player, a terrific dobro player, a terrific bass guitar player, and an all around great guy. I've been to his home up in Brisbane, and I was treated like a member of his family when I was there. He is my Aussie mentor, and I just hope that one day I will be somewhere close to his level of playing the pedal steel. Another one of the threads here have mentioned "world class steel players..." Well, Mister Appleby is definitely one of those, IMHO. For the non-Aussies on this site, if ya get the chance to visit this beautiful country, that visit will be incomplete unless ya get a chance to spend some time with this wonderful Australian gentleman. Trust me, he's the real deal!! Mike Kirkley, Sydney.
Walter Stettner

Post by Walter Stettner »

That is great news!!!! :) :)

Welcome to the forum, Wayne, you'll have a great time around here. Say Hi to Jean for me, too!

Best Regards from Austria, Walter
Wayne Appleby

Post by Wayne Appleby »

Thanks Mike, you are to kind.
And Walter, thanks buddy and I will pass your regards on to Jean
I am getting that video of Lloyd, Pig & Charlie from the Val Doonigan show we spoke of from the late 70's of "Rocky Top" for you to put on Lloyd's site, should have it for you early January.

Wayne