Totally hacked fender 1000 question....

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ben Edmonds

Totally hacked fender 1000 question....

Post by Ben Edmonds »

Hi there, I was offered this steel for 200bucks. Someone made both necks 10 strings and added knee levers and cut the body modified almost every bit of this guitar in a horrible fashion....BUT it has 8 pedals ( the black later ones) and he says all the pulleys and cables and I have a mint fender 400 with 4 pedals that I would like to add at least 3 more to and these are the same style as mine. I play the 400 all the time and this seems like a good parts guitar.

That said I dont need all of the parts and 200 bucks is 200 bucks so I may want to part the rest of it out I know the pedals and all associated parts are good, how much is a fair price to ask a piece? I am not trying to make lots of money but I need my money back and I am not morally against making some profit. I will clean everything and make them as nice as possible.
Anyone who may need part let me know.
Anyone who objects to me parting this out let me know...normally that would be me but look at this thing... I think its more useful that way, what about it fellow cable heads???
Plus if 200 bucks seems steep let me know, but it seems I would pay more for the pedals I need and I dont know if I could find them.
b0b..if this is in the wrong section sorry!

Image[/img]
John Billings

Post by John Billings »

It's an R. Goldberg model Fender! Amazing! Love the two pickups on the front neck! Sorry! Couldn't help myself. Still,,, there have to be some parts that weren't butchered. Maybe you should make a list, however short it might be, of the unaltered parts.
Jim! Where are you?
Ben Edmonds

Post by Ben Edmonds »

OH YEAH!!! this thing is butchered John... I will see it in person tomorrow and make a list these are the only pics I have right now. Its a mess...yeah the pickups are a mess but one looks like MAYBE it hasnt been killed, he says the thing works and he called the butchery "upgrades" HA!
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

some of you capitalists won't agree, but i think you at least got your $200 worth in the parts you needed. i think you should donate specific remaining parts to other members in need as long as they're not the buy and sell sharks...thereby enhancing your karmic standing in the cosmos.

at the very least, trade for items you can use.

or forget what i said and sell every little piece, nut, bolt, bracket for hard to find collector's item prices, accelerate inflation and screw the middle class!
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

You've probably got $400-$500 in parts value there. Go for it.
Ben Edmonds

Post by Ben Edmonds »

Well chris.... no one said I would inflate the prices, just wondering what the going rate is for pedals etc. If you want to find a middle class working man I would be it.
AND If anyone truly could use the parts I would be happy to work things out.
Like I said 200 bucks is 200 bucks and for a working stiff like myself I need to recoup my money.

I dont believe theres anything wrong with that or making money, trust me I have ethics, as you dont know me from adam I suggest that you not worry about my karma.
I dont participate in the forum much and I have read the posts about people acting questionably and that is between the concerned parties, none of my business.
Just asking for info and not controversy.
John Billings

Post by John Billings »

Getting interesting, eh?
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

pshewwww....hand swishing over the head!!!
Tim Jones of Kansas

Post by Tim Jones of Kansas »

I'd take the whole guitar, minus the pedals or any undercarriage mechanisms (cables, rods, whatever)that you want to keep. You can even keep the pedal board. I've been in the market for a good fixer-upper I'd be MORE than happy to take this off of your hands!!!!

tim_the_drum_master@yahoo.com

if you're interested!
Jim Sliff

Post by Jim Sliff »

I'm here! I'm looking and will post later! PM sent as well....
No chops, but great tone
1930's/40's Rickenbacher/Rickenbacker 6&8 string lap steels
1921 Weissenborn Style 2; Hilo&Schireson hollownecks
Appalachian, Regal & Dobro squarenecks
1959 Fender 400 9+2 B6;1960's Fender 800 3+3+2; 1948 Fender Dual-8 Professional
Ben Edmonds

Post by Ben Edmonds »

Hey Jim I knew you couldnt resist! If you PM'ed me I didnt get it, but you should have my email cause I sent you one through the forum yesterday.

Hey Tim- When I get the guitar maybe today, and see what I have got and what I need for my 400 plus spare parts for myself I will list whats available. Probably the body and frame will be of little use to me unless I wanted a console so if that helps we can talk after i get the guitar I may have to wait till after X-mas-son wants an I pod touch
Jay Fagerlie

Post by Jay Fagerlie »

I'm in for 3 pedal rods

Jay