Anyone start out on a doubleneck?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Sandy Inglis

Post by Sandy Inglis »

Hi Stephanie
I started out on an S10 only because it was all I could find. After playing for 1 year, I am coming to grips (excuse the pun) with E9 and have finally found a D10 which I'll get next March. I can't wait to get on to it and I'm already collecting tabs for C6. I wished I'd had a D10 to start with although I'd probably have not learned as much E9 by now as I'd have wanted to learn both. IMO you should get a D10 but start on E9 to learn the basics, then develope the C6.
Sandy
01'Zumsteel D10 9+9; Sho Bud D10 SuperPro; 6 String Lap Steel (Homemade); Peavey Nashville 1000; Fender Deluxe 85;
1968 Gibson SG; Taylor 710 CE; Encore Tele Copy; Peterson Tuner; HIWATT T40 C 40W/20W Combo
Rick Winfield

D 10

Post by Rick Winfield »

My 1st pro model was an old Marlen D10 "pull release
I wanted to upgrade to a more modern mechanism, so I sold it, and found out I could only afford a S10DB,
E9th. (Beauty of an axe, BTW)
At the time, I didn't realize how much fun I had playing with the C6 neck. Sure do miss it. I try to pick a "faux C6", but something is missing.
when I get "more experience" & "more money", I going for a "modern" D10.
Like a lot of other guys on the forum, I find I need more than one steel!
How do I tell my wife ? :)
Rick
Duncan Hodge

Post by Duncan Hodge »

Yes!
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."
Jeremy Threlfall

Post by Jeremy Threlfall »

Go the whole hog!