WTB MCI welded frame, U12, 7+5

Post here if you're looking for something special
Mike Wheeler

WTB MCI welded frame, U12, 7+5

Post by Mike Wheeler »

I'm looking for an MCI S-U12, 7+5...with the welded frame, not the bolted frame. May be interested in a trade for my Fessenden S-U12, 7+5. Gotta be in very good, playable condition to do the trade thing. Otherwise, if it's in rebuildable condition, I'm interested.

Mike Wheeler
sideman01@hotmail.com
Huey P. Moore

Post by Huey P. Moore »

Hello Mike I believe the EMCI has the welded frame,unless someone welded the MCI or had it done.I stand to be corrected on this,But I heard thats when Buddy endorsed it......Huey

------------------
Paddy Long

Post by Paddy Long »

Huey I had a MCI D10 "Rangexpander" model and it had a welded frame. I think there was a transition between the earlier MCI (Waco model) and the EMCI.
Mike Wheeler

Post by Mike Wheeler »

Thanks for the info guys.

I must admit I'm not well versed in the history of MCIs or EMCIs. When did this transition/changeover take place?
Paddy Long

Post by Paddy Long »

Mike I think the first welded frame versions were called the "Arlington" model -- something to do with relocation of the factory to Arlington from Waco etc (maybe??) Great guitars by the way - mine was my main gigging and studio guitar for 20 years.

Willis Vanderberg

Post by Willis Vanderberg »

Mike;
If you do a search on the forum you will find a lot of info on MCI-EMCI. I have owned three and they were all great guitars.
I presently have the D-10 that Buddy played for MCI at St Louis back in the eighties.A friend of mine bought the whole rig right at the show. Guitar , seat and amp. He never learned to play it so it sat in his music room for many years before he gave it to me.It is in mint condition and plays like a dream.

Old Bud
Daniel J. Cormier

Post by Daniel J. Cormier »

I don't care where these guitars were made or weilded frame or not. These were and still are the best sounding and playing all-pull guitars made till ZUM and MULLEN came along. They still sound almost as good as a Push Pull.

------------------
Daniel J. Cormier Whatever D-10 I happen to have at the moment.
EVans FET 500 LV ,ProFex II
http://www.cajunsteelguitar.com email at djcormier@cox-internet.com Image

Mike Wheeler

Post by Mike Wheeler »

Amen, Daniel!!

Selling mine was the biggest mistake I ever made. As the song says..."Don't it always seem to go, ya' don't know what you've got 'till it's gone"
Mike Wheeler

Post by Mike Wheeler »

Well, as fate would have it, I am no longer looking for the MCI.

Thanks to Buster Warren, who sold me a 12 string TrueTone pickup at a great price, I now have the tone I have been looking for. It was right there in my Fessy all along, but the BL712 pickup was hiding it. Switching to the TT sound was like stepping out of a dark, stuffy house into a bright, sunny, warm day with a gentle, cool breeze.

I'm very happy.

Here's a scary thought...an MCI with a TT in it....that would have to be a tone monster for sure!!