The difference between playing lap slide and lap steel?

Bottleneck slide guitars, B-benders, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Carroll Hale

Post by Carroll Hale »

after reading this thread, I am more confused than ever........I play some of all the types/methods/etc described in the aforementioned posts.......guess, I really dont know what I play........I just play...others enjoy listening.......and I have a good time...so, for all those as confused as me as to what you play..this is my story..and I am sticking to it........ :D :D :D :D
Alan Brookes

Post by Alan Brookes »

Carroll Hale wrote:after reading this thread, I am more confused than ever........I play some of all the types/methods/etc described in the aforementioned posts.......guess, I really dont know what I play........I just play...others enjoy listening.......and I have a good time...so, for all those as confused as me as to what you play..this is my story..and I am sticking to it........ :D :D :D :D
So don't worry about terminology, just play. :D
Carroll Hale

Post by Carroll Hale »

amen to you alan............
wish I was in the "frisco" area...been there a few times....not lately...love the waterfront...alcatraz...Ghiradelli chocs....and the wine country.......wife a I spent a week out there in 2000.......a great place to visit....wonderful climate....(at least compared to the summmers of SE texas).....love those beautiful vineyards of Napa and that whole area......hope to make it back someday when we retire.....maybe we can meet and "pik n grin" a while... :D :D :D ..
have a wonderfull holiday season...
ch
Chris Drew

Post by Chris Drew »

Alan Brookes wrote:So don't worry about terminology, just play. :D
err... :|

Oh no, I can't help it!!!!

How come a silver-plated brass saxaphone is a woodwind instrument?

I've played Metal on wooden guitars!?!?

I just double-checked what my Lap-Dawg's made of & it ain't steel... :\

Seems I'm a ganner g'woop North & join me a Brass Band on account of what my diddly-bow is made of, if they'll accept a Southern chrome/nickel/steel/bronze/lap/slide/wood/British/Hawaiian brass-guitar player that is! ;-)

Hang on, that Brass Band has a fibreglass drum in it!?!?!
:whoa:
Roger Palmer

Post by Roger Palmer »

Ive just ordered a glass tonebar....could I say when people ask "I play a glass guitar"
Mark van Allen

Post by Mark van Allen »

Shortly before I got my first pedal steel (a ShoBud Maverick) in the late 70's I mentioned to my girlfriend that I'd really like to learn to play steel guitar.
She went out and got me a beautiful round-neck metal bodied dobro. Sigh.
Theo Patterson

Post by Theo Patterson »

I like that term "Diddly Bow"(wasn't that the name of the original incarnation/concept? ), of course the obvious confusion would be Bo Diddly. :)