Mike Sigler Ohio Valley Opry, August 16

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Deana Clark

Mike Sigler Ohio Valley Opry, August 16

Post by Deana Clark »

After several months of being on the road, Mike will be back to filling his spot as steel player on the OVO. Welcome back, Mike.
Shows start at the lovely McConnelsville Opry House at 7pm, and doors open at 6pm. Great show lined up for the month of August, so if you live near or around South-Eastern Ohio, you should come out and see the show.
Rick Tyson

Post by Rick Tyson »

It will be great to have Mike back in the old hometown. I havent had a chance to see or talk with him for a long time. I think the last time I saw Mike ,he was in the audience at one of our shows about a year ago & we had a little chat on the break. Mike is one fine steel player, so dont miss the chance to hear him play Image
I herd through the grapevine that Holly was giving up the music scene.
Mike Sigler

Post by Mike Sigler »

Deana & Rick,
It sure will be good to be back at the Ohio Valley Opry, It ok to go away once in a while but always good to come back home to family. Rick: Yes there has been talk of Holly moving back to Texas, But she has alot of loose ends to tie up before she can go.. So this may take some time. In the mean time we are still doing the Sat. nite opry about every weekend except for the 3rd one that i requested off for the Ohio Valley Opry... Holly has many talents that she wants to pursue, such as her art, Alot of folks don't relize that Holly is a world fomous artist. She does some very nice paintings.. Its kinda sad to think the really country artist just keep fading out.
But you will still be able to find real country music back home, At the O.V.O.
Mike Image
Dave Robbins

Post by Dave Robbins »

Mike,
sorry to hear that the gig may end. We were just starting to get used to you being at the Opry! LOL! Image Image
You will be missed. But in the meantime, see ya at the Opry!

Dave
Mike Sigler

Post by Mike Sigler »

Dave
I was just getting use to being there, but there may be another artist gig in the making, So i still may be around to pick at you awhile longer... Image
mike
Dave Robbins

Post by Dave Robbins »

Mike,
always room for ya, even if it is at the end of that long line of steels on stage!
By the way, has anyone told you about the "plug in fee" yet? Image

Dave
Mike Sigler

Post by Mike Sigler »

Dave
Nope i havn't heard of that one yet!
But i figure it falls somewere between the dressing room fee and the fee for the front stage passes.. Image Dave i want to give you a personal invite to the Ohio Valley Opry anytime your in ohio near the 3rd Saterday of the month. Its a great opry with fantasic players and singers...
And there is no plug in fee! Image
Mike
I will e-mail you my address and number if your ever up this way!
Dave Robbins

Post by Dave Robbins »

Mike,
thanks so much. As a matter of fact, my wife and I are considering taking a vacation for a few days in the not too distant future to "somewhere," we just haven't decided when or where yet. Maybe I can talk her into going up that way. Perhaps if there are some good shopping centers close by I might be able to use them for a little "leverage," if you know what I mean? Image

Dave
Deana Clark

Post by Deana Clark »

Dave,
McConnelsville is an old Civil War era town with lots of really cool things to see. Antiques, quaint shops, good restaurants, etc. I'm not sure if it would fit the bill for a "shopping excursion", but the heart of Amish country is only an 1 hour drive north of us, and all the ladies love that! (Trust me) We'll fix you up with lots to do if you ever want to come our way..... Image
Mike Sigler

Post by Mike Sigler »

^^^^^^^^^
Deana Clark

Post by Deana Clark »

Man what a show we had last night.
The crowd was down a little because of the heat and lots of county fairs and things going on in the region, but the band was kicking! All the singers were awesome. What a time. Great job to Mike, it was nice having you back!