Linda McBride

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

DeWitt Scott

Linda McBride

Post by DeWitt Scott »

When I came to work this evening there was a note telling me that a St. Louis icon in the steel guitar and record industry world has passed away. Linda McBride. She passed away on Wednesday. No other information was given. I will give you updates as the information comes in to me.

You people from out of town might remember Linda as she never missed a single International Steel Guitar Convention and that was her sitting behind the Steel Guitar Hall Of Fame booth for many years. Scotty
Jody Sanders

Post by Jody Sanders »

This is very sad indeed. Linda was a "fixture" at the Hall Of Fame booth for so many years. She will be missed. May GOD bless, comfort, and keep the family always, Jody.
Stoney Stonecipher

Post by Stoney Stonecipher »

This is sad news. She was a faithful member of the Steel Guitar world. She will be missed.
Skip Cole

Post by Skip Cole »

My condolences to Mrs McBride's family and friends. I remember seeing her at the ticket desk at each of the Conventions i've attended, always a friendly smile greeting each time. May God give her peace and rest.

Skip
Rob Parker

Post by Rob Parker »

This is sad news,
Miss Linda has been a friend for over 35 years.I have known and loved her, and her smiling face about as long as I have been coming to the conventions.
One year at the Chase Park,she came to me and asked if I would run an errand with her..I drove her to a business place, and they loaded my car with the Convention programs, and some other things they had printed.So we got the programs the day they started selling them..
She was a faithful , and tireless worker, and always had a big smile and a big hug for her many friends.
My prayers and thoughts for her family, and family of friends.She will be missed..
RP...'come on in'...
Russ Wever

Post by Russ Wever »

Gosh, I hate to hear of
Lindas passing - She hadn't
been well in recent years -
Met her when I first moved
to St Louis in the early '70's
and she was an immediate friend.
She was the epitomy of a Country
Music Fan, always there for the
singers and musicians, whether
they needed a helping hand, favor,
friend or fan - very devoted.
She also worked in the retail
record business as well as
volunteering her help.
God keep Linda.
~Russ
JERRY THURMOND

Post by JERRY THURMOND »

I remember Linda well, she was very loyal to players of the steel guitar. She will be missed.

Jerry
Roy Rosetta

Post by Roy Rosetta »

Very sad news. Linda was a friend and always a smile for Barbara and myself over the past twenty something years. God bless her and her family.
...Roy and Barbara
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy
Kenneth Rollans

Post by Kenneth Rollans »

Indeed Linda was an instant friend. She always had a smile and a hug for all.She loved the steel guitar music so much.Many memories have been made with Linda and our family.She was a good sport. We loved her. Ken and Dorothy
Bobby Caldwell

Post by Bobby Caldwell »

This is very sad news. Linda was a dear friend. She was the kind a person who never met a stranger and so she had many many friends. She loved tradtional country music and the steel guitarists who played it. She lived for ISGC in St. Louis every year and you could always find her at "THE HALL OF FAME" booth. Linda you will be missed but thought of often. May you rest in peace and listen to the wonderful steel guitarists who have preceeded you. "The Caldwell's", Bobby and Linda
Debbie Johnley Glaub

Post by Debbie Johnley Glaub »

Condolences to Linda's family and to all of the ISGC friends who will miss this gentle kind woman. I had the honor of knowing Linda the past 40 years, she has been like family to me. I will miss her hugs and laughter.
:( Debbie
Debbie Johnley Glaub
Bill Stroud

Good Friend

Post by Bill Stroud »

This is sad news, when I first started going to Scotty's with my bars she loved my bars especially the birthstone ones.
She introduced herself and we've been friends ever since, she introduce me to Buddy Emmons and when Buddy liked my bar she was so glad for me. I'll never forget those moments as long as I live, she was so kind and always with a big grin smiling laughing and having the time of her life.
She will missed by many.
Bill
Buck Grantham

Linda

Post by Buck Grantham »

Linda was a friend to all of us and she will be sorely missed. She was a lovable ,friendly lady and a joy to be around. Love, Buck & Mitzi
Laurie Ayres

Post by Laurie Ayres »

Linda will be missed by all of us. She was always so helpful and kind. We will pray for her family's comfort. Laurie
Ron Elliott

Linda, We Miss You

Post by Ron Elliott »

Linda was always there,as will our memories be. Ron
Clarence Wilson

Post by Clarence Wilson »

There are tears in my eyes as I read this!!

Clarence E. Wilson Jr.

EBER
If someone says"Trust Me", RUN!!!
bruce fischer

Post by bruce fischer »

how sad. linda was a good friend for so many years. rest in peace my good friend. bruce & lynn
frank rogers

Post by frank rogers »

This is indeed sad news. Visiting with Linda at the HoF booth was a highlight for us each year. She was a very positive person and always asked Molly and I about our family members that she had met through-out our many years of attendance. Linda will be missed.