Info on Amp wanted

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bobby Rountree

Info on Amp wanted

Post by Bobby Rountree »

Does anyone have any info on this amp. Tubes are 6V6,5Y3 and 6SJ7.Six inch electro-magnetic "Rola" speaker. No brand name on amp....Writing on back says "For service or info, Refer to 74-JJC-2511C.
Thanks..BR
Sho-Bud LDG....NV1000
Hilton Pedal
Fender Jazz bass and MB210 amp
Robert Fleming

Post by Robert Fleming »

It almost looks like one of those Guldan amps to me. Also very similar to the Silvertone 1301.
Stage One PSG, Old Deluxe Reverb,Peavey Session 500,Nashville Telecaster, Alvarez Yari DY62 Cedar Top acoustic, Alvarez AJ-60-12 acoustic 12 string, Larivee OM-3 Acoustic, Harmony MOTS lap steel, Magnatone MOTS lap steel, Gibson BR-9 lap steel, Andy Hintons coated picks, Ernie Cawby's amp stand, Sharp Covers Nashville Amp and Guitar covers
Bobby Rountree

Post by Bobby Rountree »

Thanks......It sure does look close.........
Sho-Bud LDG....NV1000
Hilton Pedal
Fender Jazz bass and MB210 amp
Jim Palenscar

Post by Jim Palenscar »

The finish is very similar to the Epitome lap steels of that era and they frequently came as a matched set.
Mark Fowler

Post by Mark Fowler »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPgEpguKL6A

Doug has a great video showing he picked one of these amps up and restored it. He also mentioned this forum post with no replies at that time.

Mark
Paul Honeycutt

Post by Paul Honeycutt »

It looks a lot like my Silvertone "Champ." I believe it was made by Valco (Supro, National...). Mine is a '52 and it took me years to finally ID it as it has no brand markings anywhere. I found a picture on the interwebs and tracked down a catalog reprint.

Bruce Collins at Mission Amps in Denver rebuilt it for me. It screams with a lap steel.
Bobby Rountree

Amp

Post by Bobby Rountree »

Thanks to Uncle Doug !!!!!......I may look into doing a good rebuild-restoration to my amp. If I can be of any help to you let me know.. and again THANK YOU !!!