New Freddie Roulette DVD Available

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Michael Johnstone

New Freddie Roulette DVD Available

Post by Michael Johnstone »

For those of you who would like an up close look at the legendary Freddie Roulette in action check this out. This was recorded and filmed with 3 cameras at the 1st annual Lapstravaganza in Santa Cruz in 2007 which is put on by CruzTone steel guitar builder and all round good guy Colin Alder. It’s a real good look at Freddie and the way he approaches the lap steel w/his unique A7 tuning. Freddie does 2 sets of blues and funk jazz interspersed with a few interview segments and also features cameo appearances by Santa Cruz lap steel pickers Charlie Wallace, Bill Leff, Bruce Wandmayer and the wonderful Patti Maxine – backed up by a 5 pc band. I’m doing a limited initial run to see what the market is for something like this. $30.00 shipped in the upper 48. Add $5 for anywhere else. Anybody want one of these?
Stephan Miller

Post by Stephan Miller »

Definitely. What's the total run-time, Mike?
Michael Johnstone

Just about 2 hours total - essentually the whole 2007 Lapstravaganza concert at the Kuumbwa Jazz Center in Santa Cruz - plus assorted interview segments with Freddie conducted by Colin and myself. This is not YouTube cellphone video stuff. It's a multi-track audio,3 camera,fully edited,mixed,authored DVD with menu,chapters,artwork,packaging,etc. There's really nothing else like this available on Freddie.
For the uninitiated,Freddie Roulette is a black bluesman from Chicago who has lived in San Francisco since the 60s who happens to play lap steel and is right up there with guys like Albert King and Buddy Guy. But it doesn't stop with the blues. Imagine an older much more seasoned and funky one of these sacred steelers who plays more chords and can solo over jazz changes and you have an inkling of what this guy sounds like. And he's a slantin' son of a gun. Freddie's played with Charlie Musselwhite,Harvey Mandel and Frank Zappa to name a few and is truly one-of-a-kind.
Peter Cummins

Lapstravaganza DVD

Post by Peter Cummins »

Hi Michael,
Greetings from the Great downunder.
May i have one please. would you kindly advise the means of payment,if you can take Paypal I can send you my Paypal address and you can invoice me there.
Alternatively, Email me with your Paypal address, if thats OK.
thank You,
Pete
Brad Bechtel

Post by Brad Bechtel »

I'll take one, Michael!
Brad’s Page of Steel
A web site devoted to acoustic & electric lap steel guitars
Rickey Mitchell

Post by Rickey Mitchell »

Hey Michael, How many numbers does Freddie do. I've seen the footage on Utube very good. Freddie Roulette got his start with Earl Hooker. I've listen to some cuts on Amazon.com It doen't get any better. I've ordered the Cd's he's on.
I'd definitely like one. Paypal would be good.
If you worry more about the tools your building with than what your building, you'll never get anything Built
Rickey (Noel) Mitchell
paddleandflies.com
HowardR

Post by HowardR »

I'll take one.....please let me know the details with regardto payment.
Michael Johnstone

To answer your question Freddie does about 14 songs including a couple duets with the guest players. And there are 4 interview segments. I don't have a web site set up for this but my PayPal account is under the e-mail address for my business "Class Act Productions" which is tcassalc@ca.rr.com I'm told you should be able to type that in,hook up and make the transfer.
Lynn Oliver

Post by Lynn Oliver »

Put me down for one.
Kevin Brown

Post by Kevin Brown »

count me in, Id love one I'll await payment details, can you do you them in a UK format, I forget what its called, Im presuming the artists get a cut so its nice to help them in some way, appreciate your efforts Michael
Michael Lee Allen

Post by Michael Lee Allen »

REMOVED
Last edited by Michael Lee Allen on 27 Feb 2011 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Lee Allen

REMOVED
Last edited by Michael Lee Allen on 27 Feb 2011 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Lee Allen

REMOVED
Last edited by Michael Lee Allen on 27 Feb 2011 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Lee Allen

REMOVED
Last edited by Michael Lee Allen on 27 Feb 2011 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Lee Allen

REMOVED
Last edited by Michael Lee Allen on 27 Feb 2011 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Lee Allen

REMOVED
Last edited by Michael Lee Allen on 27 Feb 2011 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rickey Mitchell

Post by Rickey Mitchell »

Whoooa !!! Well now I'm impressed . I do believe that's the album I heard many years ago. Aren't Yo da man with da info. Thanks for sharing Michael
If you worry more about the tools your building with than what your building, you'll never get anything Built
Rickey (Noel) Mitchell
paddleandflies.com
Michael Lee Allen

REMOVED
Last edited by Michael Lee Allen on 27 Feb 2011 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Lee Allen

Michael J...
My check's in the mail...
MLA
Michael Lee Allen

Bump it up...
Michael Lee Allen

REMOVED
Last edited by Michael Lee Allen on 27 Feb 2011 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Lee Allen

REMOVED
Last edited by Michael Lee Allen on 27 Feb 2011 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Lee Allen

REMOVED
Last edited by Michael Lee Allen on 27 Feb 2011 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gerard Ventura

Post by Gerard Ventura »

I'd order one when available.
Michael Johnstone

They're available right now. E-mail me for details if you want one. David Lindley has a copy and seems to like it.