Sho-Bud cam

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Mark Butcher

Sho-Bud cam

Post by Mark Butcher »

I want to add a new pull or two and need to get a couple of what I would call cams. The round shaft has a flat that doesn't show well in the picture. I can get some rods locally but what size is the thread on the rod end?

Where can I get the cams and what are they called?

Thanks guys.

Mark

Lewis John Foote

Post by Lewis John Foote »

howdy, i think you will find there called bell crank, two hole pullers, john coop, is the man, lew.
pro1,s two round fronts, one square front, sho-bud, S12, LDG,1977, built by paul franklin sen, [THE PROFESSIONAL]nice all original, bandit65, nash, 400, profex 11,match-box, 7A,DD3, delay,various accoustic guitars, amps, and other necessitys,
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

Yeah, or two hole swivel pullers.....I got a couple from Jeff Surratt (Show Pro).
Mike Christensen

Post by Mike Christensen »

I believe Coop calls 'em pull rod arms.
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Coop calls them "Pullers" and "Rod Rollers".
I got a ton..."Old originals" not the new ones the Coop makes...as they are going on refirbs already paid for..ha.
So are you looking for just the pullers(that go on the round crossbars)with rod rollers???
You can email me at sshawaiian@austin.rr.com to tell me more specifically what you need??
Ricky
Ricky Davis
Email Ricky: sshawaiian2362@gmail.com
Dave Zirbel

Post by Dave Zirbel »

Hey Ricky, do you also have original round crossbars with pullers and rollers for sale?

Thanks
Dave
Chris Bauer

Post by Chris Bauer »

"Sho-Bud Cam" - Sheeesh! I figured this was going to be about some cool high tech surveillance tool mounted in a Pro II. :oops:
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Dave email me and tell me what you need???
I'll look.
Ricky
Ricky Davis
Email Ricky: sshawaiian2362@gmail.com
Ronnie Boettcher

Post by Ronnie Boettcher »

I have tried 4-40, and 6-32 thread sizes, and the 4 is too small, and the 6 is too big. So my next guess would be a 5-40, which is not a common thread size. I do not have a 5-40, and I am reluctant to go buy one just to find out. Even the gauges I have does not have the 5-40 on it, so all I can tell you, is this is my guess. If anyone out there knows for sure, I would like to have that information also. Good luck, Ronnie
Sho-Bud LDG, Martin D28, Ome trilogy 5 string banjo, Ibanez 4-string bass, dobro, fiddle, and a tubal cain. Life Member of AFM local 142
Lewis John Foote

Post by Lewis John Foote »

howdy, i think i used a 2BA, OR 3BA,my rods are one eighth, any thread size would do as the nylon tuner makes its own way up the thread,[not to coarse other wise fine tuning becomes more difficult,] lew.
pro1,s two round fronts, one square front, sho-bud, S12, LDG,1977, built by paul franklin sen, [THE PROFESSIONAL]nice all original, bandit65, nash, 400, profex 11,match-box, 7A,DD3, delay,various accoustic guitars, amps, and other necessitys,