Farewell Party .. By.. David Hartley

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Danny Bates

Post by Danny Bates »

David,

It's obvious that you have a very special gift on the steel guitar. If Eric Clapton didn't already have the nickname "Slowhand", it would fit you perfectly. You make it look so easy and effortless.

You (and let's not forget Mickey Adams too) help so many people for free.... That's very unselfish of you. It's about time you guys made some money for your efforts! :)

When names like "buddy emmons or tommy white, jay dee or lloyd" are quoted in a post and then Randy Beavers replies, you should know that you have got something special.

Whatever you release on DVD will be appreciated by many people. Keep up the good work!

BTW, I've never met Chris but I've met pro pickers that have played with him. They said he's a great picker and a real nice guy. :?

The humor in our neck of the woods is sometimes taken the wrong way... When we say "Let's have a beer...and you're buying", it usually means that you owe us a beer for the nice compliments we just gave you. :wink: Cheers!
David Hartley

I forgot............

Post by David Hartley »

to add the link....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UPcPr9Vt1Ic

It was amusing when I had end credits quoting words from the old 'Mac Davis' song... 'Hard to be Humble'

"some folks say that I'm egotistcal,
I don't even know what it means.
I guess it has something to do with the way
that I fill out my skin tight blue jeans."

I edited them out in the end........

David Hartley