Updated post on Coated fingerpicks

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Bob Simons

Post by Bob Simons »

Could someone post a picture of the picks? Thanks....
Zumsteel U12 8-5, MSA M3 U12 9-7, MSA SS 10-string, 1930 National Resonophonic, Telonics Combo, Webb 614e, Fender Steel King, Mesa Boogie T-Verb.
Pat Goodbla

Pick pics

Post by Pat Goodbla »

CrowBear Schmitt

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »

:mrgreen:
Last edited by CrowBear Schmitt on 21 Nov 2008 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andy Hinton

Post by Andy Hinton »

Thanks Pat & Crowbear: A new professionally made pic. of 6 picks will be up as soon as my son finishes his chores so he can post for me. Like now.
Andy Hinton

Post by Andy Hinton »

Even the pros. can't get everything right. The colors of the coating in the picture is true. The blade, however, looks gold or bronze. It's really shiny nickle-silver. They feel very smooth without polishing tho I'm sure a few seconds on a buffer would make them slicker.
On another matter; I'm still getting mail orders & some paypals at the old prices from the oridginal post. I have been honoring this up till now, but can't continue or I won't be able to keep picks in stock. The price is $8.00 per pair shipped. Any orders after today with less than that amount will either be returned or lowered to the nearest number of picks to the amount sent & any excess returned with the picks. Thanks!!! Andy H.
Andy Hinton

Post by Andy Hinton »

Getting too close to the bottom. Need to move up.
Good news; you 15 guys who've been waiting for the .025 picks, They came today, a day early. I'll be shipping them all out Monday morning. Thanks for your patience. Musicor assured me the 200 I ordered today was in stock, so Crowbear can get his by next week. Thanks again. bob; I'll have you another donation & a note soon. Andy H.
Greg Wisecup

Post by Greg Wisecup »

I really didn't buy these for the slipping problem, although I did have just a little. I bought them hoping they would be more comfortable. I love 'em!!!! They feel great Andy! Thanks a lot!!!!! Greg
Derby SD-10 4&5 Black!(duh)/
Derby D-10/Steelers Choice/
Goodrich 120/ 2- Katana Boss 100's
/Nashville 400
RV-3/ Zoom MS-50G
As long as I'm down in the mix I'm Fantastic!
mickd

Post by mickd »

Andy
I have Paypal'ed you - please add me to the list.
Mick
CrowBear Schmitt

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »

Bumpin' ;-)
dlayne

Picks

Post by dlayne »

Hey Andy,just sent payment for 2 sets via PayPal,.....Thanks,Dan Layne
Dan Layne
Andy Hinton

Post by Andy Hinton »

Thanks Guys for the positive responses. I'm so glad they are doing the job for you. Crowbear; a special thanks to you for the bump & the loooong distance phone call Saturday. Danny, got your ck. today. A couple of day & they'll be on the way.
I've made an adjustment to the pick mod. which I think improves them. A few speed pickers let me know the coating sticks a little when they rub together, slowing a fast forward roll some. Fixed that. Now rough up, then coat only the inside with artist brushes. This takes twice as long but the results are worth it to me. There will be no increase in price for this. Buzz Evans should get his wednesday. Bet we'll know soon if they work. Thanks again Guys. Andy H.
Al Vesel

2 Set of .025 wanted

Post by Al Vesel »

Andy,
I sent for 2 sets of the .025, 1 black and 1 red via paypal on 11-25-08.
TXS and let me know when they will ship.

Al Vesel
Last edited by Al Vesel on 5 Dec 2008 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emmons LeGrande SKH D-10 - WALKER STEREO STEEL AMP w JBL ENCLOSURES & TC ELECTRONICS M-ONE XL PROCESSOR, HILTON VP,FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER, SARNO's Steel Guitar BLACK BOX,BJS,ToneMaster bars,FENDER Strat, FENDER & Ovation acoustic's
Andy Hinton

Post by Andy Hinton »

Hey Al; Your Paypal order did not come thru. Must have left something out ov the email address. Got plenty of picks so please try again. Thanks Andy H.
Al Vesel

picks paid for by paypal

Post by Al Vesel »

ANDY I SEE YOU JUMPED THE GUN. I DID GET THE EMAIL FROM YOU STATING THAT YOU GOT THE PAYMENT-TXS AND LOOKING FORWARD TO THE PICKS-AL
Emmons LeGrande SKH D-10 - WALKER STEREO STEEL AMP w JBL ENCLOSURES & TC ELECTRONICS M-ONE XL PROCESSOR, HILTON VP,FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER, SARNO's Steel Guitar BLACK BOX,BJS,ToneMaster bars,FENDER Strat, FENDER & Ovation acoustic's
Larry Bell

Post by Larry Bell »

Hi Andy
I just sent a PayPal order for 3 sets of 025 Dunlops / red coated. Thanks.
Larry Bell - email: larry@larrybell.org - gigs - Home Page
My CD's: 'I've Got Friends in COLD Places' - 'Pedal Steel Guitar'
2021 Rittenberry S/D-12 8x7, 1976 Emmons S/D-12 7x6, 1969 Emmons S/D-12 6x6, 1971 Dobro, Quilter ToneBlock 202 TT-12
Andy Hinton

Post by Andy Hinton »

Hey Al: Some times I read my inbox from botom up. Got yours & Larry's & 5 others ready to go. Think I'll rest Thanksgiving. Hope you all Have a Good'un Andy H.
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Andy,I finally got a chance to put the picks thru it's paces and they are nothing short of wonderful!I have very dry skin so most picks start slipping when I play 16th notes for while,I just played for over an hour zero slippage,Thanks,Stu :whoa: :whoa:
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Andy Hinton

Post by Andy Hinton »

Hey Stu: Thats great. That's what they were ment to do. Did you notice any drag where they rub together on the quick stuff? Some have, so I"ve started just coating the inside only. Think it'll prove to be better all around. Just think; Hand painted Fingerpicks. Happy Thanksgiving. Andy H.
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Andy,I did notice a little drag where they rub together,I figure that they will work themselves into a comfort zone.I'll have to get creative and paint some eyeballs,and smiles on them...You have a great Turkey Day,Stu :D
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Joseph Carlson

Post by Joseph Carlson »

Hi Andy,
I sent a paypal payment on 11/10.
Did you get it?
Thanks,
Joe
Andy Hinton

Post by Andy Hinton »

Hey Joe; Your picks just got mailed Monday, along with 17 other orders. The place I buy the picks ran out & so did I. Had to wait a week for them. They'll probably get there Fri. Holiday mail gets a little slower. This goes for all that had orders before last friday. All orders recieved thru today will go out Friday. Stu; glad you got 'em, enjoy & A HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL Andy H.
Dan Short

picks

Post by Dan Short »

Andy; Thanks a bunch.These work great. Dan
Brian Creamer
Location: Bristol/Somerset England now Apache Junction, Arizona, USA

Finger Picks

Post by Brian Creamer »

Hi Andy,Paypal sent for two sets .025
One set RED the other set Black
Thankyou ,Brian.
Joseph Carlson

Post by Joseph Carlson »

Hi Andy,
Got them in today's mail!
Great product and very comfortable to play with.
Thanks for making these available.
-Joe
Andy Hinton

Post by Andy Hinton »

Did I just say mail might be slow for the holidays. Wow! 2 days to California & Alabama. The must be going airmail. Glad you like them Guys. Makes the longer painting process worthwhile to me. Andy H.