Best way to rent out a steel guitar?

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Bob Blair

Post by Bob Blair »

Yeah Jim, that makes sense to me. And basically you know what the risk is, and it is limited to that and you just accept it. If your experience were to be the same as Bob H's, you would probably feel at the end of the project(s) that the investment of your time, heart and soul was the bigger risk anyway.
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Well Jim, you are a kind hearted person to go to these lengths to try to help entry level folk enjoy this wonderful instrument. I'll never forget, there was a time you took a chance on me, and I'm still remembering and greatful. 8)
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Bo Borland wrote:Jim, how did your son get started on sax? Did you rent a horn from musicman?
We rented a horn from a local music store for about a year, then bought him one. Why do you ask?
Bo Borland

Post by Bo Borland »

I asked because I wondered about the rental deal.
I worked at the music store in Glenside for a while when Marv owned it. He also owned musicman, they had the contract for all the local school rentals. That was where he made the real bread.
If I was going to rent a steel out, even a starter, I would want the same kind of deal you had when you rented the sax. I would want a nice deposit and a month in advance.