Giggin' this weekend in Tyler area

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Michael Garnett

Giggin' this weekend in Tyler area

Post by Michael Garnett »

If anybody's going to be around the Whitehouse area this Saturday, you might want to stay away from the Yesteryear festival. Image

Just kidding. Adam Fears and the Brazos Valley Band with yours truly on steel will be playing from 2 to 4:30. I'll try not to make too many mistakes. Stop on by and introduce yourself.

Garnett

------------------
Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit
Botrus Pros Botrun Pepainetai
Carter D-10
Peavey Deltafex
Nashville 400
------------------------

Jody Sanders

Post by Jody Sanders »

Hi Michael, Tyler is my Hometown. Have been to Whitehouse several times. Don't mention my name as some residents might still be looking for me. Jody.
Michael Garnett

Post by Michael Garnett »

Well, I tell you what. If you're afraid of being identified, just wear dark glasses, a fake mustache and a trench coat. Come up to the feller sitting at the Maroon Carter and ask if the "Jade Monkey has been found before the next full moon."

I will reply by screwing up whatever I was playing because I'm laughing too hard. Beer might even shoot out of my nose.
David Reeves

Post by David Reeves »

Hi Michael,

I am originally from Tyler also.

I was in Tyler in May 2003 and was able to visit with Pee Wee before he passed. My folks go way back in that area.

I left there in 1968 to visit a small asian country at the request of my Uncle Sam.

One thing led to another, and another, and another... oh well, you get the picture.

Was nice to visit, couldn't believe how thangs had changed.
RON PRESTON

Post by RON PRESTON »

Wow,
I just played there last month at the "Electric Cowboy".
Super nice place to play. And them Cowgirls? Oh, God!
I had a Blast. Image
Rick Garrett

Post by Rick Garrett »

Hey Michael! Was great meeting you and the boys. Yall sounded real fine from where I was setting. You could tell you boys were having some fun and I reckon thats what its all about right there. Good luck and be sure to post and let us know when yall are back around these parts.

Rick Garrett