Fall Jam Phoenix Nov 8th

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Joe Naylor

Fall Jam Phoenix Nov 8th

Post by Joe Naylor »

The fall Jam in Phoenix -- is Nov 8th at Sun Valley Park, 11101 East University Drive, Apache Junction, AZ (8 AM to 5 PM) Continental Breakfast and lunch will be provided for a donation.

Live band plus Band in the Box

C-yall there
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
Joe Naylor

Post by Joe Naylor »

Where are all you guys that will be there ??????
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
Hank Rodgers

Post by Hank Rodgers »

Count me in and keep the coffee hot .
Billy Easton

Post by Billy Easton »

Joe....

Meriul and I will driving down from Las Vegas and we are looking for a LARGE time!! I would like to invite everyone in the area to come out and join us! It will be great.

Billy Easton
Lyle Clary

Post by Lyle Clary »

Wish I could be there.
Had a good time being you at Herrick with Darrell Sarver and others a couple of weeks ago. Send me your new phone number if you would. Thanks
Del Bonn

Fall Jam in Phoenix Nov 8th

Post by Del Bonn »

Regretfully, I and my lap Alkire Eharp cannot be there. Currently near St. Louis, MO, I was a long-time resident of Tucson, and I will be returning for a visit Nov.11-22. Do you know of any event I might be able to attend during that time?

Gosh, why didn't I know about you folks while I was there!
Mike Castleberry

Post by Mike Castleberry »

Hey Joe,
Dee and I will be at the jam this Saturday. It looks like I'll operate "Band In A Box" because Porter's new laptop will not arrive in time for the jam. I will bring my computer projector this time so everyone can see what's going on. Thanks to Troy and Peggy Porter for putting us up for the weekend, so we can be a part of this event. We really enjoy Phoenix this time of the year. Look forward to seeing and pickin' with the gang.
John Hensch

The Jam

Post by John Hensch »

I will be coming over. I hope to see everyone there.
John :D
Mike Castleberry

I forgot to mention. I will be bringing a couple of SD-10 guitars with 4 & 5 that will be for sale. One is a 2008 Williams and the other is a 2002 Emmons Legrande II. These guitars will be on display at the jam. See you there.
David Wright

Post by David Wright »

to the top for some good guys :) and a fun jam
Roy Rosetta

Post by Roy Rosetta »

Let me second what David said, this is a great group of guys and I SURE wish we could be there.
....Roy
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy
Red Kilby

Post by Red Kilby »

I 2nd that Roy, what a great group of Players, wish we could be there also. Can't wait till Jan. 2009, and the Steel Show in Phoenix. This is a Must Go To Show for all you folks that want to get out of the COLD!! and get to the WARM!! See you all then!!
Mike Castleberry

A special thank you to everyone who helped make the SWSGA Fall Jam a success, and a special thank you to those who help me setup and tear down the sound equipment.

Billy Easton's computer is in storage because of his relocation to Nevada, and will have updated information on the 2009 SWSGA Arizona Show soon. You can go to swsteelguitar.com for more info.
Billy Easton

Post by Billy Easton »

What a great time we had in Mesa with the SWSGA jam. Special thanks to Troy Porter, Peggy Porter, Mike and Dee Castleberry and all the members who came to play and watch. The sad note for the day was that our host Mary Weiss lost her husband the day before the event. But it went on as scheduled. The steel guitar custom quilt was on display that will be raffled at the annual show and it is a BEAUTY!! Make plans for the January show now. Details at the website: www.swsteelguitar.com

Billy and Meriul Easton
LVNV