Akron, Ohio Steel Fest

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Terry Watts

Akron, Ohio Steel Fest

Post by Terry Watts »

I am in the process of setting up a Steel Fest in the Akron area on Sunday, October 19, 2008. The time will be 2:00PM until 7:00PM. It will be held at the newest Akron hot spot, Nashville Nights. The address is 88W. Wilbeth Rd. All pickers are welcome as it is an open jam. Be prepared to have fun.
Tamara James

Post by Tamara James »

looks like a nice place. :D

click here for Nashville Nights website

I'm putting this on my calendar. :)
Last edited by Tamara James on 25 Sep 2008 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Meese

Count me in!

Post by Mike Meese »

Nashville Nights is a nice brand new club and this should be a great jam. Thanks for organizing this Terry! I'll see you there.
Terry Watts

Akron Ohio Steel Fest

Post by Terry Watts »

Thanks, Mike. You're the greatest. You really sounded good the other night. Can't wait to see you at the fest.
Alan Coldiron

Post by Alan Coldiron »

Sounds like fun. Do you allow bass players?
Tamara James

Post by Tamara James »

Alan Coldiron wrote:Sounds like fun. Do you allow bass players?
:D
Last edited by Tamara James on 23 Sep 2008 4:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Terry Watts

Akron Ohio Steel Fest

Post by Terry Watts »

All musicians are welcome. My goal is to have an old fahioned jam, featuring the steel guitar. All are welcome. I aim to encourage good times, good music, and good friends. Be prepared for a jammin' good time!
Joe Minor

Ttt

Post by Joe Minor »

Hope I can Make it
Terry Watts

Akron Ohio Steel Fest

Post by Terry Watts »

Great! I am really excited about this Steel Fest. Can't wait to see old friends and make some new ones. Hope to see you there.

Terry
Joe Kurtz

Post by Joe Kurtz »

Mike

Akron, FINALLY! I'll be there!

Joe
Mike Meese

Plan to attend!

Post by Mike Meese »

bump to the top, please

8)
Joe Minor

Post by Joe Minor »

TTT
Terry Watts

Akron Ohio, Steel Fest

Post by Terry Watts »

Just a few days until the Steel Fest and I am as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs! I have never done anything like this before. I hope to see a lot of steelers, pickers, and old friends, but most importantly I hope to have fun. See you all on Sunday.

Terry
Tamara James

had a great time

Post by Tamara James »

What a great time we had! Thanks Terry for putting this together.
Terry Watts

Akron Ohio Steel Fest

Post by Terry Watts »

I want to thank all who attended Akron's first Steel Guitar Fest. I had a great time hearing all the other steel players as well as all the other musicians and singers who showed up. My wife is already pestering me to plan another one. It was a great blessing to be able to spend the day with my music family. You all sounded so good. Thanks again. There are just not enough words to express how much it meant to my wife and me to have you all show up and play so well.
Alan Coldiron

Post by Alan Coldiron »

Terry

Bev and I had a great time and hope to do it again. Just wondering, was there more bass players there than steel players? Actually there was a very nice varitiy of players. Really great time and met some new friends.
Rick Troyer

Post by Rick Troyer »

Hey "T" ,
Had a great time ! What a wonderful day of fellowship and music . Great to see old friends and make new ones .
The club was super nice . Hope they do well . I'm sure it's difficult in these times .
Looks like the next one is in Pa. Making plans to attend . Hope to see everyone over there .
Looks like I'll have to wait 'til January for the next Hummingbird jam at Bolivar . That's OK . Keep the steel guitar alive and well by supporting these Jams !!
Thanks again Sandy and Terry . Love ya !!!! RT
Terry Watts

Post by Terry Watts »

Thanks Rick! If the truth be known, you were the main inspiration behind the jam. I can not begin to tell you how much I appreciated all your imjput and guidance in preparing for it. Your love and appreciation of the instrument and music in general is what inspires us all. And we are not the only ones that feel that way, either. We both love ya, man. We're talking about trying for another jam possibly in December. We'll talk about this later.

Terry
Joe Kurtz

Post by Joe Kurtz »

Terry

I just wanted to thank you for the fine Steel Festival you had on Sunday. I enjoyed it thoroughly! Awseome line up of steel pickers, and the the band was great! Hope you have another one soon. Thanks again for all your hard work putting this event together.

Joe Kurtz
Tamara James

Akron, OH photos

Post by Tamara James »

I wanted to share these photos. I have permission from the photographer, Ray Adkins. Rumor has it that Terry may be considering having another jam in the near future. What a good time we had!

I have these off-site to lessen the impact on the forum. They may take a minute or two to load.

CLICK ON THE PIC TO VIEW COMPLETE SLIDE SHOW
I'm sorry for not knowing everyone's name. Let me know and I will edit the photos.
Last edited by Tamara James on 28 Oct 2008 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tamara James

Post by Tamara James »

ttt