Reverberationalisms

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Brett Mielke

Reverberationalisms

Post by Brett Mielke »

Hey everybody,
Just wondering if anybody has any suggestions for good reverb units...At the moment I'm not using any, though occasionally play through a friend's Holy Grail. Sounds ok, but makes the highs reaaaally piercing. Found a TRex "Room Mate" apparently tube-powered pedal that's intriguing, or even a Holy Grail Plus? :eek: I dunno, lots to choose from, not enough cash to buy and try em all out. Hell even rack-mounted stuff - Throw it all out there. Wanna know what you guys think.

Thank you!
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

Lexicon is noted for their reverbs.

It is really hard to beat the Tube Works spring reverb unit. I use one of these.

Then you have the Fender spring reverb unit.

And finally the Peavey Valverb.
Cartwright Thompson

Post by Cartwright Thompson »

I have a T-Rex Roommate and I love it. I can't imagine anyone not thinking that it is the best sounding reverb unit available. I'm a reverbaholic and I've tried them all.
Tyler Hall

Post by Tyler Hall »

I really love my RV-5. It has some great sounding verbs. It's also got a tone knob to control the tone of the verb. I've been using mine on the road for a year now and I've never had a problem of any kind with it. They are great little units...
David Doggett
Location: Bawl'mer, MD (formerly of MS, Nawluns, Gnashville, Knocksville, Lost Angeles, Bahsten. and Philly)

Post by David Doggett »

I normally use the stock spring reverb in my Fender tube amps. For amps that don't have reverb I use my POD XT. It has about a dozen different reverbs, some of which are very good.
James Martin (U.K.)

Post by James Martin (U.K.) »

Hey Tyler, Got any settings to share for my RV5? Thanks James.
Brett Mielke

Post by Brett Mielke »

Now I've got something to start with...Thanks for the info!
Brad Sarno

Post by Brad Sarno »

If you're looking at pedals for reverb, the new TC Nova Reverb pedal is quite stellar.

Brad