Hilton Volume Pedal - Please Help!

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Mark Ardito

Hilton Volume Pedal - Please Help!

Post by Mark Ardito »

Hey Guys,

Last night at my gig, I had something go wrong with my Hilton volume pedal. It was working for the first set and then I went on stage for the second set and the volume pedal turns off when I open it all the way up (Read as full volume). Any suggestions on trying to trouble shoot this? It was SUPER late when I got home from the gig last night so I didn't look at it yet and it was very dark in the club last night so I couldn't see anything.

Cheers!
Mark A.
Keith Hilton

Post by Keith Hilton »

Thanks for using my pedal. Here is what to do: Check the pedal on totally different equipment at a totally different location. You could of lost power to where you plugged in. One of your cords could have went bad and started working again when you plugged in a different pedal. This is especially true of George L cords. They can lose signal easy as the ground is only connected with the point of a tiny screw. If you find the pedal is still not working, you can send it to me for repairs. If less than 90 days old, there is no charge. If it is more than 90 days old there is a $8.00 charge for parts and labor, plus $12.00 return shipping charge. The only exception is if the power supply is bad and that is $24.00. Rarely if ever does a power supply go bad. Include a note with the pedal reminding me of what is wrong, that helps me get started.
Mark Ardito

Post by Mark Ardito »

Hi Keith!

Thanks so much for answering my post! I checked the pedal out last night when I got home from work and it is still cutting out when pressed all the way down. I have tried it in a different amp, changed 1/4" cables, plugged it into different AC outlets, etc.

I will send it back to you. Thanks!

Mark A.
Eric Philippsen

Post by Eric Philippsen »

Wow, that was a quick and mighty impressive response from Keith Hilton. Gets me to thinking that this ol' Goodrich guy (me) might want to look at a Hilton.
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Eric, not much to really think about, just dust off the pocketbook and order one. I've been using a Hilton for about 4 or 5 years and it's no contest with my old Goodrich 120 or any pot volume pedal. No pots to ever wear out and no strings to ever break.
Don Sulesky

Post by Don Sulesky »

I'm 100% with Jack.
I own two Hiltons the old one and the new one with the new wall wart.
My old one at one time had the wires start to pull out of the wall wart.
I sent it to Keith and it was fixed in a jiffy. No questions asked.
I still use both.
The old one I keep set up at the house and the new one I use when I play out as it's lighter, smaller and fits nicely in my pack-a-seat.
Spend the extra bucks for the best pedal made.
Don