Send the guitar or the money.

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bob Simons

Post by Bob Simons »

To the folks who are belittling lawyers on this website, let me say, "hi!"

I am a lawyer.

You needn't apologize for your crude and ignorant behavior. We appreciated that some people are uncomfortable with their own lack of intelligence, common sense, and understanding (typical traits found in lawyers in my experience.) To compensate, these unfortunately infantile-afflicted people lash out with tasteless language or "humor."

Oh, if only we could all be as wise and fair-minded as the average beer-soaked, bar bum, steel guitar player. We'd be so much better off having them resolve all our tragedies, petty disputes, and difficulties in life for us instead of lawyers.javascript:emoticon(':D')
Zumsteel U12 8-5, MSA M3 U12 9-7, MSA SS 10-string, 1930 National Resonophonic, Telonics Combo, Webb 614e, Fender Steel King, Mesa Boogie T-Verb.
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

:roll:
Danny Bates

Post by Danny Bates »

Alan,
I read... "I work 18 hours a day and 6 days a week so give me a break and don't believe this nonsense"...

When it should have been something like...

"We are sorry for what has happened. From this point on, all steel guitar orders will be completed within a (whatever they can handle) period. We are also implementing a new policy... every steel guitar order will be on a "first come, first serve" basis with absolutely zero tollerance on this issue. Sorry we've been so slack. We've learned big lessons from our mistakes"
Danny Bates

Post by Danny Bates »

Hey Bob... I ain't no dummy.. I appreciate a good lawyer.

Walking into a courtroom with a good lawyer is a good feeling.

It's kinda like walking on a bad side of town at night with a pit bull and a Glock... Sure makes you feel safe! :lol:
Jeff Hyman

Post by Jeff Hyman »

Bob!!! I saw a post of yours on another thread. You be da man I was thinkin of in all my defense of Lawyers!!! :-) You should chime in on topics like this. Your input would be well received... for sure by me.

Charles,
I think Alan is asking a good question. Actually he beat me to the punch. I too am very easy to forgive. All I expect is a clear understandaing and reason for the screwup that started it all to warrant forgiveness... in any situation. Like George Jones said... The cold hard truth. It kinda helps clear the air.
Bryant Aycock

Bum?

Post by Bryant Aycock »

Hello?
I'm a steel guitar player and I've been soaked in beer a time or two, but I ani't no bum!
Bryant
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

Bob Simons wrote:To the folks who are belittling lawyers on this website, let me say, "hi!"

I am a lawyer.

You needn't apologize for your crude and ignorant behavior. We appreciated that some people are uncomfortable with their own lack of intelligence, common sense, and understanding (typical traits found in lawyers in my experience.) To compensate, these unfortunately infantile-afflicted people lash out with tasteless language or "humor."

Oh, if only we could all be as wise and fair-minded as the average beer-soaked, bar bum, steel guitar player. We'd be so much better off having them resolve all our tragedies, petty disputes, and difficulties in life for us instead of lawyers.javascript:emoticon(':D')
this answer is as crude and ignorant as it was the original post.... I`m affraid that I sence some lack of intelligence,common sense and understanding....and it looks like it was put together by a unfortunately infantile-afflicted individual... :aside: ...and what makes you think that you are wiser than a beer soaked steel guitar bum in the first place???... :roll:

Db

ps

and now,after you insulted just about every member on this forum,you should maybe find some forums where people talk about how great and lovable lawyers are and move overthere, since you are so wise and not a beer bum as the rest of us, you shouldn`t have a problem with it
Greg Cutshaw

Post by Greg Cutshaw »

Forgiveness first requires repentance, of which I see none.

Greg
C Dixon

Post by C Dixon »

I am no "lawyer".

Nor am I a "beer-soaked, bar bum"!

Since I do not frequent bars nor do I drink. But I do stand "guilty as charged", when it comes to being a steel guitar player.

However, in this thread it makes NO difference what I am or what any strictly observer is, or is not.

For in this thread what is important I believe is: The creator of this thread lodged a very serious complaint against a PSG builder. In addition others did similarly. The question then IMO, is:

Was the author (and others who lodged similar complaints) of this thread correct, partly correct or a liar?

Was the accused "response" correct, partly correct or a lie?

Since I have no first hand evidence of ANY of the facts spelled out by the author of this thread, or the reply by the accused in this thread, I cannot say which is truth. Nor shall I speculate.

I can say this. And it is a fact. I sent a check to the Emmons Company, "paid in full", in the '80's for a brand new LeGrande II. As the years went by with one excuse (and they WERE excuses) after another, I became more and more perplexed. I loved and still love Ron Lashely SR, Jr and Rebecca. But truth is truth, whether it stings like a viper, or not.

After several years of anquish over non returned phone calls and emails, broken promises, etceterrra, eceterrra, I sought some legal relief for my having NO guitar and NO refund, for money given in earnest.

I then remembered reading something about it being against federal law to advertise something in the mail, receive the money for such goods, and then not deliver the goods in 6 mos.

So I took a chance. I typed a letter stating the above, and mailed it "certified, return receipt requested".

Within ONE week my guitar arrived with NOT one word from anyone. I never mentioned it again to Ron Sr as he and I were, and remained, dear friends; and that will never change. In a word, I loved him like a brother. He was THE most incredibly billiant man I EVER met. We spent untold hours over many years talking steel guitar and all manner of mechanics and physics.

But the facts are as stated.

Anyone may draw their own conclusions. But I will close by asking a question, and a final comment.

Is it in the realm of possibility that the old adage "The apple does not fall far from the tree", have any semblance here?

And I still LOVE Ron SR, Jr and Rebecca and the Emmons PSG's. I have always believed Emmons' PSG's are the best, and I will probably never feel any differently.

may Jesus right ALL wrongs,

c.
A broken heart + † = a new heart.
John Coop

Post by John Coop »

Mike, sorry if I have caused you any inconvience. I fell behind on a couple of other projects to make sure my quality is maintained. I have been back on your project for a few days now and you too will recieve the same detailed attention your dollars deserve. I am throwing in some extras to make up for the delay on this. please accept my appology on this. Coop
Johnne Lee Ables

I do not lack intelligence, common sense or understanding...

Post by Johnne Lee Ables »

Bob Simons wrote:
We appreciated that some people are uncomfortable with their own lack of intelligence, common sense, and understanding (typical traits found in lawyers in my experience.)
"...typical traits..."

Not in my considerable professional/personal experience. In fact, failures from my profession most commonly run to law school!

I'll put my intellect, common sense and understanding up against any attorney you care to bring forth.

Honestly, I hate to see these gross generalizations because "The Law" used to be a 'helping' occupation. It is truly sad what has been done to the Legal Profession by some of the unsavory legal practitioners. The only Attorney in my family retired because he could no longer tolerate the continuing degradation of the fine profession he entered many years ago.

JL
Justice S10-Pro 5x4 C6
Roland Cube 80GX
Wonderful Wife

"In the course of a long life a wise man will be prepared to abandon his baggage several times."
Bill Dobkins

Post by Bill Dobkins »

The Judicial system is broken. In working with grandparents trying to gain access to their grandkids I see it from a different side.
Justice can be yours, if you have the price.
Custom Rittenberry SD10
Boss Katana 100 Amp
Positive Grid Spark amp
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.
Chris LeDrew

Post by Chris LeDrew »

Guys, let's not argue about the integrity of lawyers. I have a good friends who are lawyers, and they are great people. You cannot generalize about such things. There are many lawyers on the forum, many of whom are probably hurt by these words. This is an unnecessary sidebar to this thread.

This thread is about a lack of communication. I feel that there should be open communication between builder and customer. This type of communication makes such threads unnecessary. It's the lack of reassurance or valid promises that frustrate a buyer. In my very humble opinion, the above statement by the Emmons company does nothing to alleviate the buyer's concerns. This is a real shame. Buyers want their guitar at approximately the time promised. Only open communication can smooth over rough patches created by delays. A customer relations person is very valuable in this respect. Many people are not good at such things. A good steel guitar builder does not necessarily make a good customer relations officer. :)
Jackson Steel Guitars
Web: www.chrisledrew.com
Jeff Hyman

Post by Jeff Hyman »

Chris.... I agree. Also, I think John Coops' reply above, though not really on this topic (thats my fault) addresses a similar issue in a way Emmons should have. No one can argue a simple flat-out honest answer is due. My hats off to Coop on that one.
Charles Dempsey

Post by Charles Dempsey »

She arrived at 12:45 today by FedEx.

There was no obvious damage on the box except one bent and smudged corner.

The case looked a little blurry :D.

There was some reading material inside.

She went together just like she was supposed to.

Voila!

And the front looks as good as the back.

The end plates are clean and shiny.

So I tuned up and fired up the amp to check it out. I am happy to report that the setup is exactly as specified, and the order is complete right down to the spare pull rod I requested.

The amplified sound is every bit as good as my LeGrande III, and the acoustic sound is better. I can't tell you if it has _*THAT*_ tone because I live in a steel guitar vacuum: I'm the only Emmons player I know right now and the only Emmons guitar I've played other than my own was one that belonged to Pat Smith who was my PSG guru until he passed in early 2006.

As they say, I don't know art but I know what I like, and I like the sound of this guitar. It ought to sound good, it's black :^).

I am very happy with the guitar, and I'm glad to close the book on this. Thanks to everyone for friendship, support, and just generally letting me be a grouch. You're a great bunch of guys.

Charlie
Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!
Bob Simons

Post by Bob Simons »

Sorry to any thin-skinned I offended. Maybe being forced to listen to 40 years of bad lawyer jokes has made me irritable! (I felt like answering for once...)
Zumsteel U12 8-5, MSA M3 U12 9-7, MSA SS 10-string, 1930 National Resonophonic, Telonics Combo, Webb 614e, Fender Steel King, Mesa Boogie T-Verb.
Barry Blackwood

Post by Barry Blackwood »

May I add, all's well that ends well. :D
Bo Borland

Post by Bo Borland »

Having a new steel delivered to your door is like heroin to a junkie.. all the pain goes away.... until you realize you still don't sound like E.
Charles, congrats, practice and play your best! Live long and perspire.. :alien:
b0b

Post by b0b »

Since the guitar has arrived, I've closed the topic.
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video