A Tammy Wynette Story

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Sonny Curtis

A Tammy Wynette Story

Post by Sonny Curtis »

When I traveled with Tammy, someone was always pulling tricks on someone else. For about a week, every day when the group would leave the Hotel, I would stick a hotel bath towel in Tammy's bag. When we would get down the road, and she would look in her bag, low and behold......a stolen towel. She would be soooooo mad. After about a week of this, she somehow found out that it was me. Well payback is h___. One night, after a show,(late) I went to crawl into my bunk. She had dumped a whole bag (about the size of a garbage bag)of popcorn into my bunk. The whole bed was covered. I was finding popcorn for weeks!!! I won't tell you where.
Charles Tilley

Post by Charles Tilley »

Well Sonny, you cleared the air on the popcorn. Now what happened to all the towels???????????
Roger Evilsizor

Post by Roger Evilsizor »

Aw Sonny, maybe Tammy was just kind hearted enough to make sure you had a midnight snack. Image Was the popcorn buttered or unbuttered? Image

Roger

------------------
Zumsteel SD-10P Session 500 Profex II
Laredo Band

Sonny Curtis

Post by Sonny Curtis »

I guess she kept the towels and thankfully the popcorn was not buttered!! If it had been I'd probably still be finding pieces Image
Steven Black

Post by Steven Black »

Sonny I would have saved the popcorn for my next movie, considering the price of popcorn
at movies. Steveb.
Sonny Curtis

Post by Sonny Curtis »

You may be right. Another time when we were on stage, Tammy's daughter pulled one on me.

I have a little dog mascote that I have taken with me for years. You will notice it sitting on my steel in some of my pictures. I found it in a truck stop years ago. It's name is Sad Sack. One night during a performance, the audience started laughing. Tammy's kids had tied a long string to the dog and was pulling is across the stage real slow. Needless to say, the show stopped for a few seconds.

www.sonnycurtis.net
norma qualls

Post by norma qualls »

I didn't know Tammy had a humorous side to her. Was she with George then? I was fortunate to see them in their early days at Muskogee Civic Center. She was a great singer and stylist.
Sonny Curtis

Post by Sonny Curtis »

This was after her and George divorced. She most definitely had a humorus side.
scott murray

Post by scott murray »

This forum is pretty much the ONLY place stuff like this pops up. I love it.

And I'd love to hear some more!

thanks guys.