6-string PSG's

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Michael R Duffey

6-string PSG's

Post by Michael R Duffey »

Hello...

I saw some older posts about 6 string PSG's..b0b's Pedalcaster concept with high E copedant seems pretty close to my dream machine, and the nearest thing on the market appears to be the Lone Star Lite 6 (true?).

Any Lite 6 owners out there who can comment on that rig? Or anything new now in 2008 with 6-string PSG's?
Bill Hatcher

Post by Bill Hatcher »

Jim Flynn at Lone Star is making the BEST little 6 string pedal guitar right now. He is the nicest and the most honest builder you could ever want to deal with.

The late Freeman Cowger of Cougar guitars made a very good 6 string pedal steel. Here is a demo I made when someone here on the forum asked if you get get a Fender Tele sound on a pedal guitar. I went down to my basement recording corner and did this in about 3 minutes just to show you can get the essense of that sound. The Cougar guitar is simple but good quality.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1ztlywdmxmy
Jim Sliff

Post by Jim Sliff »

Bill - that link seems to be wrong. All I get is a page full of advertising and half a dozen popups..but no file...when I try to download.

FWIW a buddy of mine has a Cougar 6-string and really likes it. It's his only steel, and he plays it for simply steel-sounding fills.
No chops, but great tone
1930's/40's Rickenbacher/Rickenbacker 6&8 string lap steels
1921 Weissenborn Style 2; Hilo&Schireson hollownecks
Appalachian, Regal & Dobro squarenecks
1959 Fender 400 9+2 B6;1960's Fender 800 3+3+2; 1948 Fender Dual-8 Professional
Bill Hatcher

Post by Bill Hatcher »

Jim. I just checked it and it is just fine. Several folks have downloaded it and listened to it.
Johnne Lee Ables

Dang that was killer, Mr. Hatcher!!!!!!!!!

Post by Johnne Lee Ables »

Bill Hatcher wrote:Jim. I just checked it and it is just fine. Several folks have downloaded it and listened to it.
Yowee, Bill!!! That was really good. I'd pay for a "chicken pickin'" tune!!! :D

Good stuff!

Johnne Lee
Justice S10-Pro 5x4 C6
Roland Cube 80GX
Wonderful Wife

"In the course of a long life a wise man will be prepared to abandon his baggage several times."
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

One of our Florida Steel Guitar Club members has a Fulawka with a 6 string pedal neck on it.
Michael R Duffey

Post by Michael R Duffey »

Many thanks, gents. I sent a message to Jim Flynn. at Lone Star and waiting to hear back from him.

Mike