Thanks to PSGA

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Billy Easton

Thanks to PSGA

Post by Billy Easton »

Yesterday I rushed down to the mailbox after work to see if my SG magazine had arrived. I was a little disappointed that it was not there, but today is another day. So when I got home, I realized there was the PSGA Newsletter. I casually opened it, and lo and behold a familiar face is staring at me!! Golly, it is me!!! You could have knocked me over with a feather.

I would like to thank Bob Maickel and all the staff of the PSGA for the nice write up and picture. It makes this old grandpa feel great that I was put on the front page!

I am proud to be a member of this group, even if they hadn't put the article in. Bob and his crew have done so much for PSG. The newsletter always is a wealth of articles, ads, coming events,tablature, and record reviews. And it only costs $25 a year to belong!! So if any of you pickers want to join a great group of folks, and keep up with the PSG world, send them an application with your dues $$. You will not regret it.

Thanks again for the wonderful Member Profile in the March newsletter. And may God continue to bless each of us and our troops overseas.

------------------
Billy Easton
Casa Grande, AZ
Southwestern Steel Guitar Association

Al Marcus

Post by Al Marcus »

Hi Bill, you were looking good on that front page of the PSGA Newsletter. Come on guys, sign up. Make Bob Maickel happy...al Image

bobpsga@optonline.net
c c johnson

Post by c c johnson »

I have been asubscriber for many moons now. I have #144. Don't let the name PEDAL sg fool you or keep you away. Inaddition to pedals they cover it all; lap, dobro, hawaiian, etc. What a bargain for $25. CC
Miguel e Smith

Post by Miguel e Smith »

Congrats Billy! Not only are you a local favorite but nationally honored as well.

Mike
Jack Francis

Post by Jack Francis »

Don Sulesky

Post by Don Sulesky »

Hi Billy,
Nice grin and fine article.
I also want to thank Bob for printing my latest tab in the "Share-A-Lick page.
He has followed through with perserverance through all these many years and the issues keep coming.
I'm sorry to say that was not the case with the last Steel Guitar magazine where I lost over a years subsription money to a lost cause.I know he had some problems, but it left a sour taste in my mouth.
Don<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Don Sulesky on 01 April 2003 at 01:18 PM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Don Sulesky on 01 April 2003 at 01:44 PM.]</p></FONT>
Ray Jenkins

Post by Ray Jenkins »

Congratulations there Billy Bob,Hal Rugg,Mike Smith and myself can say,"heck we know him personally" Image Image Image
Ray

------------------
Steeling is still legal in Arizona

Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Way to go Billy,This not only reflects the great player you are,but the wonderful person you are as well,it all speaks for its self.proud to be your friend. Fred Justice,Southwestern Steel Guitar Assn.
Al Marcus

Post by Al Marcus »

Billy is a great guy and a great player. We go back to the 70's in Phoenix.

Brings back memories when I was in Phoenix.

Played with the "Country Counts" every weekend for 2 years at the "Yucca"(MSA D12).

Then at "the Talk of the Town" with "Mike Dale and the Sidewinders"(D10 EmmonsPP,great sound with my Fender Twin Reverb.)
(we were on KPHO TV)

Then at the "Rawhide Western Town" on Scottsdale road in Scottsdale, 6 nights a week with "Gene Diffie" (Beautiful Birdseye ZB D10).

I enjoyed those days and meeting Billy and all the great guys out there in good old Phoenix.ahhhh Memories......al Image Image
Louie Hallford

Post by Louie Hallford »

Billy congratulations on being "On the Cover" of the PSGA Newsletter. For a steel player that would be like making the front page of the New York Times,Newsweek or Sports Illustrated for the rest of the world.

Bob and his staff are to be applauded for having the foremost Newsletter in the PSGA industry. Their choice of featuring you in their story was a good one.
Mike Perlowin

Post by Mike Perlowin »

Hey Billy, now that you're a star, are you still gonna talk to us little people?

Seriously, I want to second that the article said about the Feelin Groovy CD. There are some players who only play old standards like Bud's Bounce and SG rag, and some (like me) whose stuff is so radical that it might be offputting to the average player, but this CD finds the place in between.

The songs are all new to the steel guitar (as far as I know) but Billy's treatment of them is pretty traditional so players can understand and relate. The entire CD is a really nice blending of the old and the new.

I think every member of this forum will really enjoy it.
Billy Easton

Post by Billy Easton »

Hi Guys...
Thanks for all the good thoughts and wishes. I am so proud of this. After 50 years of playing, I am finally getting some recognition, and I am so humbled by it. I am no better or worse than 90% of the players out there, but this recognition is something VERY SPECIAL to me. And I have spent a lot of years loving this thing and trying to play what I like. I have been through many brands of guitars, amps, accessories, etc. Thanks again to the PSGA and all of you, too. And may God watch over each of us and our troops at war.

------------------
Billy Easton
Casa Grande, AZ
Southwestern Steel Guitar Association

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Billy Easton on 07 April 2003 at 11:32 AM.]</p></FONT>
Al Marcus

Post by Al Marcus »

Way to go, Billy!..........al Image Image
Buck Grantham

Post by Buck Grantham »

Great playing Billy and good picture too!!!!
Curt Shoemaker

Post by Curt Shoemaker »

Congratulations Billy!!!!!!Best Wishes
Curt Shoemaker
Richie Chiasson

Post by Richie Chiasson »

Congratulations Billy, and I'd like to add my appreciation to Bob Maickel for perservering and continuing to promote our favorite instrument thru PSGA.

I've been a member of PSGA since 1980, (wow), and we've all seen some Steel Guitar Magazines come and go, but like Scotty's International Steel Guitar Convention, Bob Maickel and PEDAL STEEL GUITAR ASSOCIATION are always "there".

I find myself in a position to travel a little now, and maybe even attend a PSGA show again......now if Bob could somehow convince Jody Carver to PLAY at one of these shows....... O;-)

But I hadda to say.....PSGA......ROCKS!!

Richie Chiasson

(former Emmons dbl 10 push n puller who now is now MORE than half "deef", and to weak n feeble to lug all that "stuff" around, so is involved now in things of a RESOPHONIC nature)