New to the Forum and Steel Playing

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Al Marcus

Post by Al Marcus »

Sherry-Welcome to the Forum, a good place to be. I see you alrady have many friends and helpers to get you started.Good luck...al.:):)
Michigan (MSGC)Christmas Dinner and Jam on my 80th Birthday.

My Email.. almarcus@cmedic.net
My Website..... www.cmedic.net/~almarcus
Sherry Hostetter

Friends and Mentors

Post by Sherry Hostetter »

Hi Everyone, Yes I received my steel guitar yesterday. I am so excited. A forum member from a nearby town, Jerry Grant, came by and got her all tuned up for me. I'm finally able to hear that sound I have been dreaming of. Thanks to all the friends I have made on the forum and for all the helpful advice and mentoring I have received. Ernie, You have been fabulous to me, I feel like I have been adopted. I hope to return the favor someday to someone else just starting out. Again, Thanks to everyone, Sherry
Jerry Grant

New Seat

Post by Jerry Grant »

What a wonderful lady Sherry is . I was over to her house today for a couple of hours tuning up and visiting. BUT - what she didn't say here is that her brand new super deluxe seat was sitting on her front porch when I got there. What a beauty! Has the back and side compartment on it. And I sit at home with a rip on the top of mine. Sitting on hers was nice but didn't seem to improve my playing any. Guess one can't have everything.

Jerry
Jerry Grant
'74 Emmons,SD10,Black
'79 ShoBud Super Pro, Orange Lacquer
Session 500, Bandit 112, Fender Pro 185
Epiphone 6 String Acoustic
Ernest Cawby

hi

Post by Ernest Cawby »

Jerry thanks for doing what I cannot do fromflorida, I would be ther to helpher if I could. I sent her all the picks and things to get her started right off did I miss any thing, put a new battery in the tuner,she may have needed help bending the picks they fit me my fingers are small so they should have been close to hers. thanks again.

ernie
Charlie McDonald

Post by Charlie McDonald »

This forum is a full service place.
Really impresses me all the time.
Those that say don't know; those that know don't say.--Buddy Emmons
Keith White

Welcome to the forum

Post by Keith White »

Sherry nice to see you on the forum,from across the pond they are a great bunch of guys on here and its nice to hear from the ladys too.Keep at it my youngest daughter has just started on the steel a great instrument to play and hear .Hope to meet you and the rest of the guys in dallas in march.Best Regards Keith White UK.
Sho-Bud 'LDG', Sho-Bud 'The Professional', Rains SD10, Fessenden D10, Hilton Pedal, Peavey Session 500, Peavey 112, Lots of PV PA, And of course, the BJS Bar (for the best tone)! Love all Steel Guitars!