Any steelers in or near Fort Knox, Kentucky

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Richard Marko

Any steelers in or near Fort Knox, Kentucky

Post by Richard Marko »

I'll be at Fort Knox, Kentucky to see my son graduate from Boot Camp and was wondering if they'll be any steel players giggin' on Thursday night September 18th nearby ??
JW Day

Thursday night

Post by JW Day »

Richard, I live within A few miles of the post. I don't think that there is any Thur. night gigs going on any where closer than 40 miles, which would be in Louisville, Ky. However there is some Fri. & Sat. night Things going on. If this would fit your schedule, send me an E-mail and I'll give you directions.I'll be playing at the V.F.W. in Brandenburg,Ky. on Sat. night.(Approx.15 Miles). Most places usually roll up the sidewalks around here pretty early during the week. Fraturnally, JW Day
Richard Marko

Post by Richard Marko »

Thanks for the info JW but I need to start driving back late Friday evening after the ceremony - I can not pass a gig up here for Saturday night at $170.00 for one hour !!!!
Heck it'll pay for my gas out there and back.

Have fun pickin' !!!
JW Day

Thursday night

Post by JW Day »

Richard, Have A safe trip coming and going. Maybe some of the Louisville club members can chime in here and tell you about something I do not know about. For the kind of money you guys are making there, you might have a herd of steelers heading that way from the north. Where will you be staying while you are here? JW
Richard Marko

Post by Richard Marko »

This gig is probably a once in a life time big money maker for me so don't think all gigs pay this - believe me they don't - honestly.

I'll probably stay on base, they have reasonable hotels for this ceremony - I'm still awaiting the package from my son on prices and availability.
Other than that I'll probably wing it or find something on line next week.

Thanks for writting JW and sorry I won't be around long enough to hear ya.
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

Ft. Knox is just south of Louisville. It is closer to the smaller towns of Brandenburg, Elizabetown, Vine Grove and Radcliff.
Beware of certain "attractions" near the FT.KNOX area. You know the kind with the pink signs and flashing neons. :whoa:
I'll check around if there's anything going on Thurs. nite. I know of some things on Fri., but I'm not aware of anything on Thurs. right now. I'll let you know if I find anything.