Beginners Notes (Special)

Written music for steel guitar

Moderator: Ricky Davis

Dick Sexton

Beginners Notes (Special)

Post by Dick Sexton »

Friends, if you have not seen this and you are following the "Beginners Notes" series, I encourage you to check this out and make a copy of it for future reference and study. I just found it myself and as an "Old Beginner", am going to spend some time trying to understand what Mr. Franklin was doing in this break. It should be study material for all beginners as well as anyone wanting to advance their single note skills. Thanks to Joe Butcher/Dallas Texas for opening the thread, Aki Paivinen/Finland for directing us to it and a special thanks to Niklas Widen/Sweden for transcribing the tab. Once again, the most thanks should go to B0B for allowing us to use this great forum to communicate our thoughts about steel. http://steelguitarforum.com/Forum8/HTML/001966.html
Bob Snelgrove

Re: Beginners Notes (Special)

Post by Bob Snelgrove »

mp3 links are dead.

thx

bob

Dick Sexton wrote:Friends, if you have not seen this and you are following the "Beginners Notes" series, I encourage you to check this out and make a copy of it for future reference and study. I just found it myself and as an "Old Beginner", am going to spend some time trying to understand what Mr. Franklin was doing in this break. It should be study material for all beginners as well as anyone wanting to advance their single note skills. Thanks to Joe Butcher/Dallas Texas for opening the thread, Aki Paivinen/Finland for directing us to it and a special thanks to Niklas Widen/Sweden for transcribing the tab. Once again, the most thanks should go to B0B for allowing us to use this great forum to communicate our thoughts about steel. http://steelguitarforum.com/Forum8/HTML/001966.html
Dick Sexton

Broken links...

Post by Dick Sexton »

Thanks Bob, your absolutely right. The links are broken, but that's not unusual for links that old, (posted 04 April 2004 05:30 AM). I was dissapointed myself when I found that out. The tab, none the less, should be of interest to followers of "Beginners Notes". I hope they might spend at least a little time looking it over. I broke it down into 4, 5, 6 notes or more, segments and was surprised to find some that were familiar. I'm still looking it over. All the best to you, DS
Aki Paivinen

Post by Aki Paivinen »

You´re welcome, Dick. I noticed a mistake in the 11th line. From the start it should be :

1 3 3 5
3 3B-3
4 3-5

and then goes on from 7-8 8 8A 8 8A-7A 6A-4A-5A 5 etc

Ricky, can you edit this if necessary.
Dick Sexton

Correction?

Post by Dick Sexton »

Aki, Thank you for your input on this piece. I have tried to tab it out per your instructions. Can you tell me if this is correct? Thank you, DS

1__3______3______5_____________________________________________________
2________________________8_____8__________________________6____________
3____3B-3______________________________________________________________
4___________3~5_____7~8__________________________5_____________________
5___________________________8A___8A~7A__6A~4A~5A___5A~6A____6A~8A______
6______________________________________________________________________
Aki Paivinen

Post by Aki Paivinen »

Yes, that´s correct.
Bob Snelgrove

Post by Bob Snelgrove »

anyone still have the mp3's?