Gig Available In Moab, Utah

Musicians wanted for bands or recording projects

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Joe Goldmark

Gig Available In Moab, Utah

Post by Joe Goldmark »

Hi –
For some reason this was emailed to me in San Francisco. Anybody interested?

Joe

We’re holding a BMW Motorcycle Press Launch in Moab, UT and decided to go with the “Old West” theme. I’m having trouble finding a talented steel guitarist who can play tunes similar to that of Buck Owens. Are you available for hire, or can you recommend someone?

Thank you for your time,

Abby McDaniel

Premier Event Management

480-585-4652
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

<strike>http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopi ... 67</strike>

Put down that email, Joe, and leave the house immediately. Just kidding but it's seriously bogus.

I feel kinda dissed that I haven't received one yet.
Joe Goldmark

Post by Joe Goldmark »

Sheesh! Thanks Jon & Wiz. I guess we should close this, or leave it up for others who might get scammed.

Joe
Bob I. Williams

Post by Bob I. Williams »

I just called and spoke with the agency that is handleing the event. Its a 480 area code so they are in Scottsdale, Az. It is for real. they are looking for a single act that does classic country while the bikers are having dinner and drinks It is a one day motorcycle ralley in Moab, Utah. I think it is Oct 1. They would like Buck Owens/Haggard type. I didn't ask about $$$$$. Lots of luck, BOB
Wiz Feinberg

Post by Wiz Feinberg »

Based upon member Bob Williams information I have removed my previous post calling this a scam. Apparently, it is a misunderstanding caused by the message I received that appeared to be totally unfamiliar with what a steel guitar is.

If the agency is having trouble finding a qualified solo steel guitarist perhaps they should advertise in Utah, in the major markets, then hopefully they will find a Utah based steel player. Asking people in Michigan and San Francisco to give a price for a one-nighter somewhere in Utah verges on the ludicrous.

Normally, the place to advertise jobs on the Forum is in the Jobs section. A member of that agency should have contacted b0b about placing a one time paid ad there.
"Wiz" Feinberg, Moderator SGF Computers Forum
Security Consultant
Twitter: @Wizcrafts
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog
Mark Eaton
Location: Sonoma County in The Great State Of Northern California

Post by Mark Eaton »

I was scratching my head earlier wondering "what in the world about this could possibly be a scam?"
Mark
Brendan Mitchell

Post by Brendan Mitchell »

Sounds like a job for Al Briscoe .
Tony Palmer

Post by Tony Palmer »

Isn't Buzz Evans known for one man band shows in Las Vegas?
Sierra S10 (three!), Peavey 112 and 115, Benoit dobro, Beard Model E dobro, Beard Roadophonic, MSA Superslide, Dean Nickless custom dobro
Smith Curry

Post by Smith Curry »

Bummer! I love Moab!