Question for Rick Quincey in Branson

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Nick Reed

Question for Rick Quincey in Branson

Post by Nick Reed »

Hey Rick,
What kind of Steel Guitar did you have hidden behind the blanket Saturday night on the Penny Gilley Show?

Nick
John Coffman

Post by John Coffman »

I watched the show also. I enjoyed the show and like the way the program interviews other acts in the area. I was wondering what kind of steel it was and why would they cover it with a blanket. Just never seen a blanket placed like that.
ShowPro SD10, Mullen RP, Bose S1 Pro, GK MB200, MB500, Bugera T50 Tube amp with SlidgeRig, TC HOF reverb effect.
Glenn Boppre

Post by Glenn Boppre »

I watched the show last night and it looked like he was in a wheelchair. It looked like a large wheel to his left side and possibly the handles. I could
be wrong??? I'll have to watch the rerun again.
Glenn
Mark Treepaz

Post by Mark Treepaz »

Glenn Boppre wrote:I watched the show last night and it looked like he was in a wheelchair. It looked like a large wheel to his left side and possibly the handles. I could
be wrong??? I'll have to watch the rerun again.
Glenn
Just stumbled across this thread...

In reviewing some of my DVR recordings of the program, I was wondering that same thing. From what I could see, Rick was in a wheel chair. Did Rick have an accident of some sort? Whatever that case, I certainly hope he'll be OK and that whatever it is, is only temporary.
Sho-Bud LDG, Gretsch Syncromatic Lap Steel, Fender Steel King amp, Bach Stradivarious 37 Trumpet, Getzen Eterna Flugelhorn, 68 Fender Precision Bass
Tracy Sheehan

Post by Tracy Sheehan »

I have no idea when that show was taped.But Rick is much better now.A little trivia about Rick.HE is also an outstading lead guitar and fiddle player.And not limited to country.
Hey Rick: If you should happen to read this PM me as i am on a new puter and lost your e mail addy.Tracy
BTW.Rick if you see this TR is moving to Tx next month and his puter is already down and packed.
Hope b0b doesn't mind the private msg.
Rick Quincey

I'm back out of the wheel chair and pickin again

Post by Rick Quincey »

I had to become a memeber of the forum just so i could thank all the well wishers who watched me play on the Penny Gilley show!
I was hit my a drunk lady talkin n her cell phone head on in April. Broke my ankle on one side and my knee cap on the other. 2 casts for about 4 month then braces and therapy.
Penny Giley was so sweet to me though and wanted me on the TV show, so I rigged up my BMI singe neck with C6 tuning and took the pedals off so I could push my wheel chair thru as my legs both had to be elevated and did my best to play.
I'm back with the show, both live and the TV show (we taped 5 new shows last Tuesday) and play both lead guitar and steel guitar as her new budget wouldn't allow both, very slow in Branson! last I heard the last 2 months are down 400,000 tourists!
but I'm back doing 3 gigs a day and altho I get a little stiff in the legs, I'm glad to be pickin again
Thanx again for your concerns.
your friend, Rick Quincey
PS and thanx for the nice words Tracey!