student model or rebuildable project S10 or SD10

Post here if you're looking for something special
Forrest Lee Jr

student model or rebuildable project S10 or SD10

Post by Forrest Lee Jr »

Looking for something my kid can tear up, and put back together. Cheap is good. But he needs something that has the ability to stay in tune with some work.

Forrest 615 430 5303
ForrestLeeJr@hotmail.com
Bill Hatcher

Post by Bill Hatcher »

What do you consider a "cheap" price?
Forrest Lee Jr

Post by Forrest Lee Jr »

$250 - $750 range depending on number of necks, abuse, cables or rods, missing parts. I don't want a multi cord... but an old beat up Fender 400 or 800, ZB, Maverick, Lil Bud, those may all work for him.
My son is 8 years old, and big enough for a real steel. I made him a 6 string 3 pedal 1 knee, mini steel when he was 4 and he tore it apart. Now that he can play some guitar and has the genuine interest... He needs a decent steel to get him going.

I have a bunch of amps and guitars, I would gladly make a trade for a higher quality steel. But he needs something that I can make stay in tune, so he doesn't lose interest. Thats the main issue for him with guitar, once it goes out of tune he drops it and grabs a football.

here's a list of stuff I may trade or sell:

Nashville 1000 $350
the 400 is beat up, I loaned it to Tom Irwin, so I don't have it here but I'll take $200 for it.
Ovation 1986 Gold everything and stereo Acoustic Electric with HSC (the electronics are not working, maybe the battery... I don't know) $400 (it's been repaired, the bridge popped up a long time ago, but now it playes like butter... and sounds great too)

Delta Jumbo cutaway , maple acoustic electric with HSC. This is a brand new guitar. I used it for one radio tour with Trent Willmon. It was played maybe ten times in 3 days. I have 5 acoustics and really just want to sell all these extras I don't use. $500 it's a beautiful guitar with a very nice bowed bookmatched back. And the action is really really low (I used it for lead work for the radio tour)

Galveston reso, electric acoustic. $175 I used this for some CMA shows a couple years ago with Jace Everett... it's been sitting ever since!

Brand New Stagg strat style / Jackson style electric... never played, still has the tags on it. $150

I also have a brand new Stagg bass still in the box, I'll take $150 for it as well.
I had a music store in Waverly for a while and the Stagg stuff is new, but not sold stock from the store... which closed in Jan.
Forrest Lee Jr.
David Higginbotham

Post by David Higginbotham »

Forrest, please check your email.
Thanks,
Dave
Bill Hatcher

Post by Bill Hatcher »

Sent you an email.
Forrest Lee Jr

Post by Forrest Lee Jr »

we can close this thread, I found what we need, and my boy is chomping at the bit to get started with it!
Thanks everybody!

Forrest
Forrest Lee Jr.