Maryland Country Musicians

Musicians wanted for bands or recording projects

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Tommy Auldridge

Maryland Country Musicians

Post by Tommy Auldridge »

I would like to seek out other Players in this general area. Not just Steel Players, I'm trying to reach all like-minded Country Musicians in this area who would be interested in getting acquainted and playing some REAL country music together. If you sing, play guitar,drums,fiddle,bass or steel, just email me and I'll put together a list of local Sidemen. Hopefully, we'll all end up working more often and playing the kind of material we prefer.
I'll be waiting...Thanks...Tommy Auldridge
Silver Spring, Md. Email grandmamidas@aol.com
Wayne Wallett

Post by Wayne Wallett »

Hi Tommy,
My name is Wayne Wallett from Shermansdale, Pa. Sounds like something I could be interested in. I am a pedal steel player and like the more country style of music (i.e. Ray Price, Allan Jackson, Daryl Singletary, etc.) If you get something together let me know. I would be interested in a 'good' organized jam session once a month. Most jams are out of control free for all's if you know what I mean. I hate those. Keep it organized and no one playing over someone else. My phone is 717-582-8544 and email is poboy@pa.net.
Regards, Good Luck,
Wayne
Jeff Hyman

Post by Jeff Hyman »

Tommy,

You played your butt off last Saturday night. Keep up the great work!
Jeff Hyman
jeffshobud@gmail.com
Sho~Bud LDG
WEBB and Fender Deluxe
www.cactus.com
Tommy Auldridge

re: Lets keep it real

Hey Jeff: Thanks, you are too kind. I don't think I played very well at all. We played 10 times better tonight. We were at the Westminister Moose Lodge.
The whole Band just seemed to gel for some reason. I'd say it was our best overall performance since I've been working with them. Hopefully, the future jobs will get better each time out. Tommy A.
Wayne Wallett

Post by Wayne Wallett »

Bump Up!!! :mrgreen:
Louie Warren

Post by Louie Warren »

Count me in...
http://www.ludietunes.com

I'm in Northern Virginia... hope that's ok?

L
Tommy Auldridge

Hey Louie: Yes, that's fine. I'll send you an email tomorrow. Tommy A.
Brian LeBlanc

"Frenchy" LeBlanc in Arlington...

Post by Brian LeBlanc »

"Frenchy" LeBlanc in Arlington...

...I'd even consider going to Mary-lan
'Frenchy' LeBlanc...
ShoBud & Twins
Susan Alcorn

Post by Susan Alcorn »

I'm in Baltimore, and I would also enjoy getting together.
Jeff Hyman

Post by Jeff Hyman »

Susan,

Do you play PSG? What part of Baltimore are you from? Play with anyone? I met my lovely wife in Catonsville.
Susan Alcorn

Post by Susan Alcorn »

Jeff,

Yes, I play the pedal steel guitar, and I live near Charles Village.
Carl Heatley

Post by Carl Heatley »

Moved to NC
Last edited by Carl Heatley on 1 Apr 2015 7:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bo Borland

Post by Bo Borland »

Asking Susan if she plays pedal steel is like asking the Pope if he's catholic.
Jeff Hyman

Post by Jeff Hyman »

Hello Bo,

Since I'm the one that asked that question, let me explain. Her profile did not say she plays PSG. Look at your own profile, there's no guess work. Since I played full time, and lived in Baltimore for several years is what raised my interest. If she does play PSG, I'd love to come on down to Baltimore and hear her play. Its only a 30 minute drive for me. I grew up only a few miles from where she lives. I also have a special respect for female pickers as I managed "Cowboy Jazz" (Barry Sless was PSG) back in the day. Another band I managed near you way was The Bud Moffett Band (NYC). They would fall more-in-line fitting your profile :-). Other than that, whats new in and near NJ? Is the Triple Nickel still there in Bear DE? Ever get a chance to hear or meet Tommy Eppes (now Tommy Wayne) when he was with the Country Ramblers?
Last edited by Jeff Hyman on 31 Aug 2008 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bo Borland

Post by Bo Borland »

Hi Jeff,
the Triple Nickle has been closed for too many years to remember. IT was a carpet store for a while and now a dry cleaners since Bob Moore sold it.
Tommy & I go way back and hear from him on occaision.
BTW.. no offense intended by my previos comment.
BB
Jeff Hyman

Post by Jeff Hyman »

Bo,

Absolutely no offense taken. Susan was the mystery question :-) I was just curious if she actually plays PSG, and if yes, is she pickin' out in public with anyone I may know from the past as she lives in my old neck of the woods. Her original post didn't address this.
Gary Lee Gimble

Post by Gary Lee Gimble »

Hey Jeff, how about managing me some gigs, I'm not pickin with Ty lately :\ Meanwhile, you can check out Susan's steel pickin here
http://www.youtube.com/user/sus453
Jeff Hyman

Post by Jeff Hyman »

Gary,

It's always a treat hearing from you. You're one of my favorite pickers! That link certainly takes care of any curiosity I had about her playing. She really has some unusual tactics. Using the 2 bars at the same time could certainly be further investigated. Very cool.

Dave Chapel gave me a call a few weeks ago to let me know he was sitting in with Ty at that club near Jimmy Cone. No steel. I don't know why Ty doesn't have PSG with the material he does.

I'll keep my ear to the ground for you. How "available" are you? There will be some gigs I may not be able to make, and it looks like Tommy is putting a band together. Since he covered for me while my hand was healing I'd certainly let him know, but if he's tied up are you available ?
Gary Lee Gimble

Hey Jeff! Yes, I am available and I agree with you in reference to Ty. His choice of muZac commands steel but he chooses to go another route. Maybe he is tired of putting up with steel players finicky habits? :\ :\ :lol: or maybe just got plain tired of me :D He did hire me a couple of weeks ago, maybe everyone else was booked, or he simply missed me? :P
Brian LeBlanc

1 Question...

Post by Brian LeBlanc »

What the H is that thing in Gary G's picture?
'Frenchy' LeBlanc...
ShoBud & Twins
Gary Lee Gimble

Brian, inside my gold plated shot glass, is a multipurpose capo, pic'd below.
Chris Padgett

local talent

Post by Chris Padgett »

Hey Tommy,
Just wanted to say hello and express my support for what you are doing. I've been in Wheaton for 36 years and it's good to know that some of the country that used to be here is still around! Between my full time job and family I don't get to play much anymore but I'd love to stay in touch with local talent and at least keep my toes in the water if you know what I mean... :) Are you kin to Mike in Four Corners? If I ever get the time I'm going to take a lesson or two from him. Anyway, hope to see you around sometime. Chris
2008 D-10 GFI Expo - black
Nashville 1000 w/ Burr-Brown chip mods
Brian LeBlanc

Shotz

Post by Brian LeBlanc »

Shot glass I can relate to

as for capo's

I just play everything in same key...
'Frenchy' LeBlanc...
ShoBud & Twins
Tommy Auldridge

Re: I live in Wheaton too.

Hey Chris: It's a small world, I guess. I also live in Wheaton and I've been in this general area almost all my life. Yes, I am Mike's brother. I'd have to say he got more than his share of the talent in our family. If I could play Steel as well as he plays Dobro, I'd try to earn a living with music. That's why I drive a delivery truck, and play Steel as a week-end hobby that barely pays for my gas. As you already know, there is no music in this area, you have to travel to at least Frederick. Keep in touch through regular email. My email address is on the Forum. Regards, Tommy A.
Brian Herder

Post by Brian Herder »

The Triple Nickle?! I can't believe you guys said that! I used to play there around 1980.. What a beautiful nightclub :roll: Almost as nice as the Circle K in Penns Grove, NJ!