SHO-BuD SUPER PRO

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Malcolm G. Belmont

SHO-BuD SUPER PRO

Post by Malcolm G. Belmont »

Hello! hope all is fine with you fellows.I received my Super Pro from Danny yesterday. I wish to thank,all you fellow's it now is one sweet playin guitar.Talk about smooth is not the word.Danny did a superb job on the mechanics and the beautification of this guitar. I greatly appreciate everyones help in this project.Here is a picture I hope.
Hal Higgins

Post by Hal Higgins »

A very nice looking Super-Pro......I had one just about like it in the early 80's.......wish I'd kept it.....Have fun with it.........HAL
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.
Paul Wade

Super Pro

Post by Paul Wade »

here's mind ijust played last night at a gig man ,love those shobuds :D

p.w
Brint Hannay

Post by Brint Hannay »

Danny who?
Danny Hullihen

Sho-Bud

Post by Danny Hullihen »

Mac, I'm very happy to hear you love your refurbished Sho-Bud.

Paul, that's a great looking guitar you have there! Love them Sho-Bud's!

Brint, that would be me Malcom (Mac) is refering to here. :-)

Also, a great big thank you to John Coop for suppling all the fantastic parts for this one.
Paul Wade

shobud

Post by Paul Wade »

thanks danny,

i pick this up down south .was, going to sell it but,
not!!!

p.w
:)
Brint Hannay

Post by Brint Hannay »

I thought it was probably you, Danny.

If that Super Pro has Coop parts, how about pics of the undercarriage? :)
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

i'm assuming this is the 'bad deal' guitar that danny and coop and others all chipped in to fix for this gentleman.

if so..they deserve huge credit..the steel looks great!
Lonnie Zsigray

Post by Lonnie Zsigray »

I was up to Danny's shop to visit a few weeks ago and got a chance to see the guitar on the "operating table".Looks real good and Danny always does an excellent job with whatever he does. ;-)
If I hear it,I'm gonna try to steel it
Malcolm G. Belmont

SHO-BuD SUPER PRO

Post by Malcolm G. Belmont »

Gentel men I took pictures of the undercarage and will try to post them. I wish to thank every one whom was involved in this case. I wish to thank Danny an J. Coop
for the parts and the labor put into bringing life back to a dead BUD. I do not know if he does more than this guitar but if he does he should have a line waiting from California to Florida.This guitar almost plays it self.You can not imagine the tone an ease this machine has.Lay the bar on the strings and it starts in with a
strum sound just by putting the bar there to prepare to play.Thank you gentelmen from the bottom of my heart to all that helped.Don was a great help in keeping me calmed down I was a very irate individual,he helped in a lot of decisions.Sincer;y mac
Image :D
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

nice...the bad deal turns into an incredibly good deal! i hope malcolm and others all realize what went on here. it's called steel guitar love...i wonder if this kind of community involvement for the betterment of mankind goes on in guitar, banjo and accordian forums.!?!
Steve Feldman

Post by Steve Feldman »

Nice! Hats off to all of y'all involved. Very nice indeed.
"...An admission of interest in protracted commentary is certainly no reason to capitalize on surmised aberations that do not exist." - BH
Don Sulesky

Post by Don Sulesky »

Mac
I just came across this post.
It was my pleasure to help out a former student of mine and a special friend
even though I took some heat from the Texan.
Thanks to all who cared to help, mainly Danny & Coop with the repair.
So glad you are happy with your SuperPro.
I know I love mine.
Don
Ronnie Boettcher

Post by Ronnie Boettcher »

Nice looking guitar. And yes to Chris. Same thing goes on in the banjohangout.org. I'm all for sho-buds too.
Sho-Bud LDG, Martin D28, Ome trilogy 5 string banjo, Ibanez 4-string bass, dobro, fiddle, and a tubal cain. Life Member of AFM local 142
Bo Legg

Post by Bo Legg »

Wow Malcolm, What a great looking Super Pro. What do you call that color.
Really Dark finishes always look new.
Makes me want to do something for my Super Pro, she takes a lot of abuse and is in serious need of affection.
I need to get hold of Coop and gets some new parts.

Johnne Lee Ables

Too true, Sir!!

Post by Johnne Lee Ables »

Ronnie Boettcher wrote:Nice looking guitar. And yes to Chris. Same thing goes on in the banjohangout.org. I'm all for sho-buds too.
Hey RB,

Maybe I should add "Home Brew Banjo with TWO drone 'G's" to my signature line!!! BHO is nearly right there with the SGF!

Glad you said that!!!

Johnne Lee
Justice S10-Pro 5x4 C6
Roland Cube 80GX
Wonderful Wife

"In the course of a long life a wise man will be prepared to abandon his baggage several times."
Curtis Mason

Post by Curtis Mason »

What a classic guitar...

I was refinishing a Super Pro for a good friend of mine. He purchased the guitar new, and had many years of play on it, other than the normal scratches, this guitar had been hit with a few cymbals when the stand had fallen in to it.

I was really surprised to find what was hiding under that Black (faded to dark green) factory finish...
When I removed all the original finish, I found a beautiful cabinet hiding underneath... The owner agreed to let me refinish using a natural finish, and slightly darkend stain only on the ends of the cabinet so the Sho-Bud decals would have more contrast and of course look better.

This is the finished product...

I'm glad they used the same quality wood for Sho-Bud cabinets regardless of the color..and so was the owner of this guitar.
Star Steel Guitar, G.D. Walker's Stereo Steel System, Hilton Volume pedal, TC-M1 Effects Processor, Peterson StroboFlip Tuner