GeorgeBoard guitars

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Jim Waldrop

GeorgeBoard guitars

Post by Jim Waldrop »

Is anybody playing a GeorgeBoard console or lap steel? If so do you like it?
Steinar Gregertsen

Post by Steinar Gregertsen »

I have owned several GeorgeBoards steels, and they're great instruments, excellent quality all over - sustain, tone, craftmanship.
(Unfortunately) I've come to the conclusion that 8-strings just aren't my thing, I'm more at home on 6-strings so I don't have one anymore... But that had nothing to do with the GeorgeBoards..
"Play to express, not to impress"
Website - YouTube
John Dahms

Post by John Dahms »

I'd buy one... oh yeh, I did.
Time flies like an eagle
Fruit flies like a banana.
Jay Yuskaitis

Georgeboards

Post by Jay Yuskaitis »

I've had a D8 console for several years now, very pleased with it. Jay Y.
Rick Alexander

Post by Rick Alexander »

Georgeboards are beautifully constructed great playing instruments with excellent tonality.
I have 2 of them - the D-8 Sweet Leilani I purchased from Ricky Davis, and the S-8 Princess I found on eBay.

Here are a couple of tunes I used the D-8 in a few years ago:
WHAT'LL I DO
DESTINY
Gary Boyett

Post by Gary Boyett »

Put me on the list:

I would not do with out it. One of the best current builders in my humble opinion.
Jim Waldrop

George Board Humm

Post by Jim Waldrop »

I purchased a stealth and absolutely love it but it has a humm through that I can't get rid of. Is this to be expected with the GeorgeBoard pickup design? My other guitars in the same room don't produce a humm so it is something peculiar to the GeorgeBoard. I am considering buying a console but want to know about this humm problem first.
Andy Sandoval

Post by Andy Sandoval »

Jim, as you know I purchased the other "Stealth" and should be gettin it real soon. I'll report back to you as soon as I plug her into my amp. If your other guitars don't hum through the same amp then there might be a minor problem with the pickup. Have you talked to George about it? I'm sure he'll be able to help you.
Sonny Jenkins

Post by Sonny Jenkins »

Could just be single coil pick up hum. I know on my guitars that I use single coils on, I HAVE to take every precaution when making solder connections etc,,and that is just to MINIMIZE the hum,,not eliminate it,,just the downside of single coil pick ups,,,very typical.

George's guitars are as good as they get!!!!!
George Piburn

edit

Post by George Piburn »

edit
Last edited by George Piburn on 20 Jun 2012 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Waldrop

George board guitar

Post by Jim Waldrop »

George, not to worry, I love the little Stealth. Wouldn't trade it for anything. Just hadn't encountered the humm issue before. You are right the room I am using is crammed with electronic equipment although everything is turned off when I am playing. There is a high speed DSL internet connection in there which may be causing the interference. The trade off is ok with me as I love the range of the little Stealth. I was just making sure this was typical and not unique to my guitar. FYI, I got the legs today and it is a sweet little guitar sitting on it's 3 legs.
David Simenson

Post by David Simenson »

I also have a GeorgeBoard S-8 with legs. I have only played 3 different steel guitars--there are none in the stores locally here, but my GeorgeBoard has tone TO DIE FOR. :D I am totally in love with the tone and playability, both clean and overdriven. I'm playing "Boot Scootin' Boogie" and "Just Call Me Lonesome" among other songs at a gig tonight. I highly recommend this guitar.
Jim Waldrop

georgeboard S8

Post by Jim Waldrop »

I agree, the S8 Stealth has wonderful tone, so much so That I am going to buy one of George's consoles.
Andy Sandoval

Post by Andy Sandoval »

I'm really lookin forward to receiving my "Stealth" after readin all the great comments from owners of his wonderful instruments. :D