Honeytone

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Lynn Oliver

Honeytone

Post by Lynn Oliver »

I'm thinking about going to a lap steel workshop this fall, and the web page suggests that you bring, "...a SMALL amp (like a Honeytone - fits in your suitcase)."

I never thought my MicroCube would be considered too large. :D

Can anyone offer any reviews of the small amps like the Honeytone? I don't want to blow $20 on the wrong toy amp...
Brad Bechtel

Post by Brad Bechtel »

Your Micro Cube should be just fine for that purpose. The Honeytone is small, but I don't like the sound very much.
Brad’s Page of Steel
A web site devoted to acoustic & electric lap steel guitars
Tracy Merkley

Post by Tracy Merkley »

I have a Honeytone amp and it has worked great for me. I have had it a little over a year now. But your "Micro Cube" should be ok for that. :D
Chuck Snider

Post by Chuck Snider »

I'm doing something similar, 4 hr pedal steel workshop, and they want you to bring a small practice amp. If you already have one of the MicroCube amps, I would just use that as opposed to buying another amp. I have one of the MicroCube amps and the fact that it is battery powered if needed,isn't very big, and has a volume knob to reign in the volume, I cannot believe someone would object to you bringing it to something like that. The folks organizing the workshop I'm going to just wanted to make sure no one lugged in a Marshall Stack, and also didn't get into an amp size one-ups-manship with the students. My 2 cents.

Chuck
GFI U-12 Ultra Keyless, Carter Black U-12, both with Alumitones, and a sweet '70 Sho-Bud Permanent D-10, NV400 in Rick Johnson cabs, NV112, '73 Vibrosonic in Rick Johnson cabs, Hilton pedal, Steeler's Choice seat, Bessdang Gizmos from Dale Hansen, and a few other widgets and doodads.
I may not sound good, I just don't wanna sound bad.