So, How was Branson?

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Terry Bethel

Post by Terry Bethel »

Hey Mike,
You missed it ,my friend. The players were ALL GREAT, all three days. I have never seen as many Mullen G2's in the same building. Of course everybody thinks there's is the best, but I have news for them all, "MINE IS"!!!!!!!!!!!
The new pickups I ordered finally came in (they are not a Mullen pickup) sorry about that, BUT! when I finally get them adjusted it will be what I have been looking for, for a long time.
The guitar stays in tune exceptionally well, not enough cabinet flex to worry about, and the guitar is the best looking G2 I have seen. Am I happy??
You be the judge.
Thanks for all your help Mike in getting the guitar in it's present condition,

Terry Bethel

P.S. I guess I need to get a new picture taken.
www.ozarksteelguitar.com
www.terrybethelmusic.com
D-10 Mullen G2 9 x 9, 2-D-10 Bethels 9x9 , 2= Nashville 112's, a Walker Stereo steel Amp Hilton VP, Hardwire Reverb with Lexicon Reverb Peavy Pro Fex II Peavey Digital power amp with effects.Sarno Black Box

Other than that, I ain't doin' nothin'...
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

I really just got home yesterday afternoon. As I had another engagement in Albuquerque on the way home.

The Branson Show was awesome to say the least, I think the best one yet!!!
This new venue is the perfect place to hold it at, just the right size and plenty of vendor space and shopping in the mall for the gals all in one place, it don't get any better than that.
Thank you staff band and thank you Terry and Hank for bringing me for my forth year. :D
Email: azpedalman@gmail.com
Phone: 480-235-8797
Herby Wallace

Branson Show

Post by Herby Wallace »

Yes, this show was first class in every way. Of course when Terry Bethel and Hank Ruf do a show, I knew it would be this great. The highlight for me was getting to work with this great band and they are some of the best players I have ever worked with. Since I had my stroke two years ago, my playing is still not back to normal yet, but I must say that when I have a great band behind me playing the right tempos and chord changes, it makes me play even better. Thanks again Terry and Hank. Sorry Terry but my G2 is the most handsome one.

Herby Wallace
Tyler Hall

Post by Tyler Hall »

I had a great time at the show! Terry had some really great players this year. I was honored to get to play bass with Joe Wright and Kevin Clemons. I'm already looking forward to next year.

Terry and Herby, I hate to ripple the water, but I've got the G2 that all the others wish they had! It was only the best looking, but by far the best sounding too! :lol: You guys know I'm just foolin' with you.
Last edited by Tyler Hall on 5 Aug 2008 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyler Hall

Post by Tyler Hall »

Hank, maybe you'd sound better if you had a Mullen. :mrgreen:
Doug Earnest

Post by Doug Earnest »

I don't see how Hank could sound any better! (Meant as a compliment..!!) Awesome tone.