San Antonio area Benefit, Jan. 19th

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Bobby Flores

San Antonio area Benefit, Jan. 19th

Post by Bobby Flores »

There will be a benefit this Sunday (Jan. 19th) for the family of Scott Crossman. Scott played drums with us in Ray Price's band for the last several years and passed away on Nov. 1st. We will be having this benefit to help off-set the medical bills that the family is dealing with.

It will be at the Cowboy Bar in Helotes and starts at 5:00 p.m. Guest appearances by Claude Morgan, Augie Meyers, many others. Please come out and lend your support. Donations will be accepted at the benefit. Feel free to call me for information. Thank you.

Bobby Flores (210) 669-9104<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Bobby Flores on 18 January 2003 at 03:46 PM.]</p></FONT>
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

I would like to say that Scott Crossman, a great musician that I've shared the stage with, passed away at a very young age and leaves a family.

Bobby, I'm gonna be in El Campo on Saturday night, and you know where I live, but I will sure try to attend the Sunday gathering. And I think that what you've done in this matter, beyond what the Forum is aware of, is really great. Dig you, dudely.

------------------
Herb's Steel Guitar Pages
Texas Steel Guitar Association

Jeremy Owsley

Post by Jeremy Owsley »

This news comes as such a shock. Scott had a terrific knowledge of music and of the drums. A terrific player, he could play many diffenent styles, like w/Ray Price or his metal band File 13, that he played with in his younger days. Scott will be missed greatly in the music world.
-Jeremy Owsley
Bobby Flores

Post by Bobby Flores »

Featured steeler this Sunday at the benefit will be Randy Reinhard....don't miss it!