Need steel player for Arizona gig.

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Brandin

Need steel player for Arizona gig.

Post by Brandin »

In Flagstaff, on January 9th, with Kevin Banford.

Call Kevin at; (949)400-4665

Check him out at;www.kevinbanford.com

Thanks GB
Craig Mann

Post by Craig Mann »

I can play the Flagstaff gig if you like. Check your email

Craig Mann www.myweb.cableone.net/mannski
Craig Mann

Post by Craig Mann »

Hey Brandin,
Thanks for the heads up on the Kevin Banford gig. Thanks for having me sit in for you in Arizona, I enjoyed playing with them.

SGF Pros-
Kevin Banford is a class-act country singer/writer with a majorly strong voice. The band is all pro, big clean sound, and very talented. All are decent folks with good humor. Jeff (the guitar player) told me with a straight face that all I had to do on the original tunes was cover "the tops and the solos". I had never heard the songs so... with a nervous smile I said "no problem" (Eeek!). Sort of got even with Jeff on one original tune when the bass player, Bob, was telling me the number changes during a solo and I sailed through it. Jeff looked at me like "Hey wait a minute"

Keep an eye on Kevin and the gang, they are working hard and sound very good. Thanks again

Craig Mann
Brandin

Post by Brandin »

Thank you Craig. They said you were great to work with.

GB
Bob Carlson

Post by Bob Carlson »

Craig, If you played In Flgstaff you must have played the Zoo. I just happened to be there one Sunday afternoon (many years ago) when Rod Hart auditioned for a job playing there.

Bob
Rich Weiss

Post by Rich Weiss »

I've played quite a few gigs with Kevin and I'm glad someone's finally giving him a shout. He's certainly true to his love of Bakersfield-type music. I don't think he plays anything post 1965. Kevin's really a strong vocalist, great guys in the group, and fun songs to play. Every steelers dream. (except for the pay) Image