Link to Sho~Bud Forum Deal Gone Bad

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Chris LeDrew

Link to Sho~Bud Forum Deal Gone Bad

Post by Chris LeDrew »

I think this thread should be seen. It is now in a not-too-visible area of the forum. I am not related to this deal in any way, just a concerned forum member who can't stand to see someone taken for a ride:

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopi ... 78#1206478
Jackson Steel Guitars
Web: www.chrisledrew.com
Brian Kurlychek

Post by Brian Kurlychek »

I knew something wasn't right when that guy was making polls to sell stuff. Sorry what happened to Malcom. If that was me, I'd hop on a plane and be on his doorstep in the morning expecting a refund.
Ken Byng

Post by Ken Byng »

He may be able to make a claim through his credit card company or PayPal.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Infinity SD10 (4+5) Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,
Don Sulesky

Post by Don Sulesky »

I have some forwarded emails from this guy that Malcom passed to me because he asked for my opinion.
In some of the emails the guitar in question was described as one of the best guitars he's owned and there is NOTHING wrong with it and it is in better condition than the LDG you own.
He sent a few pictures which we questioned and did not get satisfactory answers. Also the pictures where of the other ShoBud he owned not the own he sent Malcom. This is fraud all the way.
He now tells Mac he is a liar and doesn't want to hear from him again. I saw this steel and it needs an almost complete rebuild to be playable.
See other posts in "Wanted to buy"
Don

edited for spelling
Last edited by Don Sulesky on 18 Jul 2008 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Danny Hullihen

Sho-Bud

Post by Danny Hullihen »

Malcolm.it is indeed a shame what happened to you on this. In any event, if you will send your guitar to me and cover the shipping costs, I will repair your guitar for you and put in back in good working order for you for free, including all parts and labor.

Hope this helps you.
Chris LeDrew

Post by Chris LeDrew »

In my experience, forum deals are generally positive and without too many snags or misrepresentations. Minor discrepancies usually can be smoothed over on email or phone. But cases such as this do need a light shined on them, in order to maintain faith in the forum buy/sell process. It is not hard to see, after reading the correspondence in the links connected to this deal, that something major is up with this new "dart" character on the scene here. He has no selling history on the forum, has indecipherable posts and ads both on and off the forum, and has totally refused to discuss this situation with Malcolm.

Hopefully this comes to a positive conclusion.
Jackson Steel Guitars
Don Sulesky

Post by Don Sulesky »

In one of his last emails to Mac he says the guitar is in PERFECT condition.
Well for one thing the two rods that connect the B pedal are just laying in the steel with no clips attached to the bellcranks. There are too many other factors wrong with this guitar to mention here.
I think you get the picture.
Danny, that is a very kind offer of you to help out a very honest and upset old friend of mine.
Thank you.
He has had many medical problems in recent years and he doesn't need this now.
Don
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Danny Hullihen and Coop, that's a great gesture you offer!!
Last edited by James Morehead on 24 Jul 2008 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny Bates

Post by Danny Bates »

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =186588145

I think his cheese slipped off his cracker!
Last edited by Danny Bates on 18 Jul 2008 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don Sulesky

Post by Don Sulesky »

We have also got a nice gesture from Coop that he would supply all the parts that Danny would need to fix Mac's Steel.
I think these two gentlemen need a big hand for their generosity.
I have also received a note that this so called guy Has been tapped by Ebay for selling items outside of his posted items avoiding the commision.
I think they have places in Texas for such a dude with bars and not the kind where you get a drink.
Don

Sorry, I meant to write Danny not Dave.
Last edited by Don Sulesky on 18 Jul 2008 6:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rick Barnhart

Post by Rick Barnhart »

It's plain to see that the good guys on this Forum out number the bad guys by far. What an offer from Danny Hullihen and Coop! It's an honor to be associated with such good folks.
Clinesmith consoles D-8/6 5 pedal, D-8 3 pedal & A25 Frypan, Pettingill Teardrop, & P8 Deluxe.
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

:(
Last edited by James Morehead on 24 Jul 2008 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

What a shame. Indeed kind gestures of the major kind from Danny and Coop.

I'm just about broke and I know it ain't much, but I'd be willing to chip in $5 toward the shipping fee. If we could get...say 30 guys to pledge $5 ea., that should just about cover the shipping from Fla. to Mi. and back again.

Whaddaya think :?:
Matthew Prouty

If you are interested

Post by Matthew Prouty »

The Dartt has a myspace page with some public images of himself. There is some feedback on ebay that is negative about a Maverick he sold.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... ID=2496472
Lonnie Zsigray

the duart

Post by Lonnie Zsigray »

This guy has been with more stars than the stars themselves.Surely someone must know who this creep really is.He should be headlined on America's Most Wanted in my opinion.Watch your ass,Dart man,because your day is comin'.Anyhow,I am sending Danny another $5.00 to cover the cost of shipping.Let's pitch in guys and help out in this way.Could happen to any one of us.
If I hear it,I'm gonna try to steel it
Bill Hatcher

Post by Bill Hatcher »

This was paid with Paypal so I read.

FILE A CLAIM WITH PAYPAL!!! You will not believe how much of a pain in the a.. it is going to be, but when all the smoke clears, you will most likely be compensated.
Be prepared to get estimates from several people who are in the biz of repairing guitars to submit estimates as to the condition of the guitar and the amount of the repair it needs. There is a time limit you have to work under. Have the estimates of at least two repairmen BEFORE you file the claim. That will give you plenty of time to work within the time limits of Paypal. The estimates MUST be on a business letterhead and the person must be availiable for contact by Paypal. Have plenty of pics also and the ad copy and other descriptions he gave you.

DO THIS!! You can get some if not all your money back. Paypal will make him respond to your claim.

I have gone through this before and after all the Paypal hoops I had to jump through I did get some money back from a deal and it made the repair of the item worth it to me.

You did right by paying through Paypal for some sort of security measure even if you have to go through a hassel to collect on it. Paypal charges you a fee to use them...make use of what you paid for and file against him.
Don Sulesky

Post by Don Sulesky »

Bill
As of my last email with him early this morning he was prepairing to file a complaint with Paypal.
From what I saw of his condition of the pull rods etc. It needed to be completely stripped and rerodded with new parts that were missing.
Also one or both of the fretboard surfaces need to be stripped and cleaned and retaped with double sided tape.
Having worked on several ShoBuds as well as my own I see several hours or days to put this steel back into playing order.
He asked me to do it but I am not in the position anymore to tackle such a job as his needs require or do I have the parts to do so. I have all I can do now is to maintain my own Super Pro.
One of the points that ticks me off is that Mac was sent pictures of one steel and then sent another in it's place. That's fraud if I ever saw it. Bait and switch.
Don
Chris LeDrew

Post by Chris LeDrew »

Considering what this character's up to, I'm surprised that a real Sho~Bud showed up at all.
Jackson Steel Guitars
Lonnie Zsigray

Post by Lonnie Zsigray »

Does he know of Danny Hullihen's offer to repair it at hardly no expense to him? Danny will do a professional job and he'll have his steel set up and able to play in no time.
Don Sulesky

Post by Don Sulesky »

Lonnie
I did inform him of Danny & Coop's wonderful offers.
I haven't heard back from him so I have no idea where he stands right now with any decision.
I did suggest to him it may be his best way out if he gets no results from Paypal.
Don
Danny Bates

Post by Danny Bates »

I know the excitement of receiving a steel guitar. I can only express my sympathy at how terrible Mac must have felt when he pulled it out of the case.

Danny Hullihen's and Coop's offers are 'second to none' and show what great human beings they are.

Jerry Overstreet and Lonnie Zsigray have started a collection to pay the shipping costs. I will gladly chip in $20 to help cover those costs also.

If we could get the actual amount of the shipping costs, (and hopefully use somebody's PayPal account or address to collect these funds), with Fellow Forumites chipping in, we should be able to cover the costs to help Mac get the guitar he deserved in the first place.

However, this lets this guy off the hook too easy. He could easily do it again and hurt another person.

I agree that this guy need to be put in the slammer.

A PayPal claim and a fraud report to the police are in order. After that, civil action should take place to make him pay.

Hopefully none of this will put Malcome's health at risk. That is the difficult part. Somebody probably needs to help Mac accomplish these tasks.
b0b

Post by b0b »

I have disabled Dardeman's Forum membership until such time as this matter is resolved (at least).
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Lee Baucum

Post by Lee Baucum »

I looked him up on ZabaSearch and found quite a few listings.

Born in 1938. That would make him 70 years of age, as posted on his My Space page.

There are numerous addresses in San Antonio listed.

He must move around a lot. Gee, I wonder why. :roll:

CLICK HERE
Lonnie Zsigray

Post by Lonnie Zsigray »

I don't think anyone wants to just brush this under the rug and let this fool go on cheating people but the fact remains that the guitar needs to be repaired so the man can enjoy what he paid for.Absolutely go after the "the dart" and let the law handle that.I'll contribute toward the shipping as I said.Just tell me where and when.Thanks for blocking him b0b.At least no one else on this forum gets hurt.Wonder how many names this polecat uses though?Maybe Danny would be willing to collect the funds for the shipping.What do you say Dan?
b0b

Post by b0b »

Does anyone here actually know him?
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video