BSG Steel Guitar Show, Ashtabula, OH July 13th 2008

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Mikypoo Sigler, look out, I have practiced twice since the last time you saw me, last show I did, I stayed awake through the whole thing! :whoa:

And by the way, you don't need fast strings, your "Slow ones" are faster than most players! Especially me! :\

Mike, it will be so great to see you and the other great players at this favorite show of mine.

I'll be there with bells on, (and pants) :whoa:

Don and Ruby's favorite illegitimate steel owner,

Bobbe Seymour
Mike Sigler

Post by Mike Sigler »

Bobbie Poo, Your One cool crazy guy!... I really think your the first one to call me Mikypoo...
i will try to live up to the POO at the end of Mikey :)
after that 3 hr. drive that is what i will probly sound like, But i look forward to our visit with ya!
Mike
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

:D
Tommy Allison

Post by Tommy Allison »

Don, don't forget to save me a pass. I'll be there as early as I can to help get things ready to go. I hope Bobbe Poo brings a lighter guitar this year. My back ain't gettin any younger.
Don Burrows

Post by Don Burrows »

Tommy,
Your ticket will be at the door when you arrive, thanks in advance for your help and get a good nights rest as I think Bobbe will have the same guitar as last year!!!!
Don
Don Burrows
Builder of BSG Steel Guitars
Tommy Allison

Post by Tommy Allison »

Thanx Don, you know I'm only kidding about Bobbe's guitar right? He can bring anything he wants to. Like you, I'll just be glad he's there.
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Thank you Tommy, and all, this is a GREAT show. The food is wonderful too, but here I am on a diet!
This will be a good time to cheat a little. :roll:

A lot of nice folks in that coastline of Lake Erie, possibly we can get some Canadians to make the short trip over in there boats!

Clear a spot at Jefferson OH., I'll need a smooth landing spot, :roll:

Bobbe
Danny Hullihen

Post by Danny Hullihen »

This is truly one of the most fun steel shows of the year, and I'm really looking forward to playing it again this year with all the rest of these fantastic players Don and Ruby have lined up for this one! This is definately a first-class show all the way, and the house is always sold out at this show to standing room only!

I'm really looking forward to seeing Mike Sigler and Bobbe Seymore again, without question, two of the most prolific players in the industry! I'm also looking forward to seeing my dear friends, Wayne and Linda Hetzler again too. Wayne really gives his all to help make this show a great success for all, and to hear Linda sing is worth the trip in itself!
Tommy Allison

Post by Tommy Allison »

Hey Danny, will you be bringing any of your Jagwire polish with you? I'm all out of the mica polish and getting very low on the aluminum cleaner.
Larry Custer

Post by Larry Custer »

Any place to park a big rig??Like to make it there to see all.
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Last time I played Ashtabula, I flew my Small Piper, couldn't find the airport so I landed on a nearby highway, I was almost out of fuel so I taxied into a gas station and told the attendant to fill up both wing tanks. He did without saying a word, so I asked him, "I bet you don't have many airplanes come in here to buy fuel do you?" He replied: No, they usually go to the airport right across the street!" :aside:

Bobbe
Don Burrows

Post by Don Burrows »

Hey Bobbe, If you need to stop at a gas station this year with your plane, try "FLYING J" There is one on RT 45. Just let me know so I can clear Rt 45 for a landing strip.
Don Burrows
Don Burrows

Post by Don Burrows »

Larry, I forgot to mention in my last post that I sent you an email regarding the big rig parking, if you have any questions, just email me.
Looking forward to seeing you there.
Don
Don Burrows
Robert Shauger

Post by Robert Shauger »

Hey Don,
Counting down the day's, can't wait for this great show...
Bobby Rey aka: Robert Shauger
aka:Bobby Rey-Derby SD-10, BSG SD-10,Fender 1965 Twin Reverb, NV 112(2),Hilton Low Profile,ProFex II
Danny Hullihen

Post by Danny Hullihen »

Hey Tommy, I'll try to remember to do that for you.

Thanks for reminding me.
Tommy Allison

Post by Tommy Allison »

Thanx Danny. See ya there.
Don Burrows

Post by Don Burrows »

Just to let everyone know that we are right on schedule for our up coming jam on Sunday, just the usual last minute things to get done, Ruby and I are looking forward to seeing everyone again.
Just spoke with the party center this morning and they are busy planning the food menu.

Don
Don Burrows
Don Burrows

Post by Don Burrows »

AWESOME!!! is how we would sum it all up. What a great show today, Ruby & I want to thank all of you who helped us make it a success. I dont want to mention names as I would leave some one out but the staff who helps us each year and the steel guitar players, all the musicians who came and gave their time is so much appreciated. The artists were great,(Bobbe Seymour, Mike Sigler, Danny Hullihen, Sonny Curtis and Rudy Osborne) What a great lineup!!! The crowd loved each and everyone of you and believe it or not we had a couple people ask us the date of the show for next year. As I said, one word sums it all up. AWESOME!!!
Don
Don Burrows
Robert Shauger

Post by Robert Shauger »

Hey Don, I'd like to second your AWESOME, all the musicians who performed were great, and all the staff and people who helped make it possible were great.............
aka: Bobby Rey
aka:Bobby Rey-Derby SD-10, BSG SD-10,Fender 1965 Twin Reverb, NV 112(2),Hilton Low Profile,ProFex II
Mike Sigler

Post by Mike Sigler »

Thanks to Don & Ruby and there great staff for a great show! This was my first time there, but what a time we had.. I hope to return again next year (If they want my old nasty steel pickn' self back there again!
But seriously thanks again, Everyone done a great job, and the pickn' was top shelf....
Mike

Ps. Thanks to Regina from jagwire strings for changing my strings and Danny for tuning them up!
( Man What Service you get from that jagwire crew)

Your the best pit crew around!
:D
Marilyn Myers

Post by Marilyn Myers »

Just want to say a big Thanks to Don and Ruby and all their staff for putting on a great show. The musicians were great and we sure had a lot of fun visiting with old friends and meeting new ones. Look forward to the next show.
Marilyn Myers
Don Burrows

Post by Don Burrows »

Thanks everyone for the kind words, we have had so many emails since the show saying how great all of you sounded and how much everyone loved the show and that my friends, makes it all worth while, even with the high gas prices we still had over 400 attend this year.
We booked the same hall for next year but moved the date to the following Sunday as so many of you have other annual events on the 2nd Sunday in July so mark your calendars for Sunday July 19th 2009 for the BSG Steel Guitar Show.
Don & Ruby
Don Burrows
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

This show was once again, a cdlassic of great steel shows. Great players, great food, great weather, good motels, wonderful appreciative audiance, good vendors and product, to say nothing of the two most wonderful folks that have ever put a show on like this, Don and Ruby.

The best thing I can say here is, if you didn't go to this one, you'd better go next year! I promise you, you'll love it.

I can't say enough about the talents of such players as Mike Sigler, Sonny Curtis,Danny Hulihan, Rudy Osborne, and the great local playes including Don himself!

Wow, sure was great, :)

Bobbe Seymour
Danny Hullihen

Ashtabula Show

Post by Danny Hullihen »

As expected, this was indeed a fantastic show, and the house was again packed to the walls. All of the players gave their all and put on a fantastic show. Don and Ruby's hospitality was second to none, and they really went out of their way to make sure everyone was having a great time.

I particularly enjoyed sharing the stage with Mike Sigler a couple times during the our shows, and I had the time of my life! It was an honor to play this show again, and i'm truly looking forward to doing it again next year.

Many thanks to Don and Ruby, and to all who were there. As Bobbe said, this is a steel show that you really don't want to miss!
pdl20

Steel Show

Post by pdl20 »

Once again a big thanks to Don and Ruby for a great show and to the staff and band for making me sound good.If you didn't make it this year ,you better make plans for next year.With steel greats like Bobbie Seymour,Mike Sigler ,Danny Hullihen and his staff from Jagwire strings and Sonny Curtis ,plus some great area talented musicians ,you will miss a grteat time and friendship.food was also great and we didn't have to leave there to get a great meal. see you all next july, Rudy :D
Mullen G 2 D 10 8 & 6 , Emmons D 10 8& 6 Evans Amps , Revelation,MPX1,Steward PA 1000 rack, Steelers Choice Cross country Seat ,Hilton Pedal, Curt Mangan strings . When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.