Maryland steel jam (MASGA)

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Al Miller

Maryland steel jam (MASGA)

Post by Al Miller »

FOR everyone that has e-mailed me about my jam in nov!!
LOOK guys i dont know if we are going to be able to pull this thing off by the date i set. you see im having a time finding a room that i and MASGA can afford. i have a room at remingtons in Laurel MD and i thank wendell cavin and his dad for the grasious invite, but you see the MASGA would rather it not be in a drinking establishment (so im told) you see i could have this jam with out them (MASGA) but i would rather they be envolved because they have been so good to me, and every jam i have attended of theres has came off so smoothe. dont give up on me i will get this thing together and it will be a HOOT !! i Promise!! and yes everyone will play no matter there ability!! i will turn no one away NO ONE!! if anyone wants to help or have any suggestions call me at 410-770-5951 or e-mail me
BOO MILLER
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

^
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

I think I detect a tad of indifference here! Well Boo...you tried. Image
ROBERT MYERS

Post by ROBERT MYERS »

Yea Boo, I'll be there whenever you can get it together. I really enjoyed sitting and talking to you and your dad at the Don West benifit. Hope things work out for you. Just let us know.

------------------
Bob Myers Derby S10 3&4
Van Ertel

Post by Van Ertel »

I would be interested in attending and it does'nt matter to me if it's held in a beer joint, dance hall, cathedral, or funeral palor.
Ray Walker

Post by Ray Walker »

Hey Boo..
As you already know I will be there whenever and where ever. Hell I don't know many steel guitar players or musicians for that matter that don't play in places where beer is served. I do, however, understand that no one wants to be in a place with rank fall down drunks. Just seems to me there should be some middle ground for all of this. As we discussed though....would love to get together and jam a little with the boys and walk away saying "wow" what a great time we had. Let us know what ya want to do Boo.

Ray Walker
D-10 Mullen/S10 Remington
S-10 Emmons P/P that I might have to give up to Boo. It's in his hands so to speak(HEHEHE)
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Hey Boo Do what you have to I'm game and I'll sure be at your show.I will bring my Equipment with me. You know I don't play that good yet but I know you guys will appreciate what I can play. So count me in I'll be there.
Sam White
Curry Coster

Post by Curry Coster »

Boo-
You already know I will be there--wherever it is...The idea that a bunch of musicians shouldn't have a jam session where beer is served is beyond ludicrous. Why not have it in a church?
Curry Coster
Bob Hayes

Post by Bob Hayes »

Hey Boo,
I'll try to make it up there to my old stompin' grounds. My sister Lives in Alexandria, and I've got a Great Grandson in Bowie..(yipe;s Bowie..but not near the middle school). I know that I had a great time Jammin' with you the last few times. And I'll be there to help out "band wise" again if you need somebody.I don't drink...but that's nobodys' problem but mine..So if you can get that Laurel Club..or any place fine with me..I played there a few times way back when!!!And I hope Mark can be there ..It would be great to see him again!!..Whatever you do ..I'll try to be there.
Grouchy!<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Bob Hayes on 31 October 2002 at 05:50 AM.]</p></FONT>
BobG

Post by BobG »

Curry, Are "Red Hot Country rejects" (currently living north of the Mason Dixon) invited?

------------------
Bob Grado, Williams D10 (lefty), Peavey 1000,
Profex ll.

Al Miller

Post by Al Miller »

Hey Guys!!!
WOW!! What a response!!
My thanks go out to everyone.
I talked with Wendell cavin SR yesterday and he is game for what ever we want to put on. i have got a date of DEC 7th&8th if that is good with everyone wendell said he would take care of food & drinks for a nomanal fee but we could have the upstairs room and sound system for free everyone put the word out about this jam and bring a frend or two. also we need musicians as well as steel players to pull this off so any body wishing to play should come on out as well and bring a frend lets make this thing a jam to remember. with guys like curry,grouchy,ray,sam and everyone else i missed it should be a hoot . i will try and contact some old frends and players i know as well and of course TRY to find Mark and Joann but latley that has been a chore Image (mark are you reading this? ) any way lets have a jam if everyone likes the date . oh yea lets say start around 10:00 am untill? and if we have enough people wanting to stay we will shoot for sunday too.
let me know something guys .
BOO

Chris Forbes

Post by Chris Forbes »

Boo, I have Joann's e-mail address, e-mail me and I'll send it to ya.
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Ya Hoo that is going to be great Boo. You will have to give us some directions.And what is the name of the Town??It does not matter if the bar is open or closed to me.I think that if a guy wants to have a drink or two that is fine. We always have the Kitchen and bar open at the Rhode Island steel Show so The American legion can make there money as we got the hall free.If they can't make some profit then they would charge for the hall and that is what they are in buisness for.See you Dec 7th and possibly the 8th.
Sam White<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Samuel E. White on 31 October 2002 at 04:46 PM.]</p></FONT>
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

Far out! Curry and Boo on stage together...maybe Gary Lee will come too. Now <u>that's</u> intimdating! Folks, if you miss this show, you're going to miss a lotta hot steel playing! These three guys are the finest in the area, and can hang in there with the best of em'. Image
Al Miller

Post by Al Miller »

BUMP!!! Image
Al Miller

Post by Al Miller »

^^^^^^^^^^^UP^^^^^^^^^^
Skip Mertz

Post by Skip Mertz »

Booo Hoooo, I gotta play that Sat. Just came back from Kannapolis. It was Super! Skip
Al Miller

Post by Al Miller »

^^^^^^^^^^UP^^^^^^^^^^^
Chris Forbes

Post by Chris Forbes »

I just checked, dang, I'm working that night after playing a benefit that afternoon. Shoot! I hope there will be a sunday also. Edited for horrible grammar, I hang my head in shame.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Chris Forbes on 04 November 2002 at 11:58 AM.]</p></FONT>
Al Miller

Post by Al Miller »

Come on Guys !!
Any Body else care to join us in a night or two of pure steel guitar Bliss?
Bump^^^^^^^^^^^
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

Boo,
I'm going to try. As of yet I can't promise anything. Keep me posted via- e-mail.
Mike
Chris Forbes

Post by Chris Forbes »

Hi Mike!! If you come, make sure it's sunday so I can hear you play again!! I'm still enjoying the album.
Al Miller

Post by Al Miller »

Chris!
So you Are coming sunday for sure?
as it stands right now we have enough people wanting both days so it looks like sat and sun it is !!
we will keep a spot warm for ya!!
BOO
Joseph V. Sapp

Post by Joseph V. Sapp »

Hi Boo:
yep,,,sure do need a break. I'd love to be there,just give me the date, time and location, and I'll make plans to attend. regardless of my work schedule,,,I need to burn some vacation anyway, and what a better way..

Joe
Derby SD-10-4X5 Nashville 400 Fender twin
Profex ll Lexicon MPX 100
Chris Forbes

Post by Chris Forbes »

Boo, yep, I'll be there after church. I usually get home by noon, so I could be up there around 1:00pm. I will NOT, repeat, NOT, play steel after you, Gary Lee Gimble, and Curry Coster. However, I'm a better than average bass player and can show up with a bass for anyone who needs someone who can count to four and make low rumbly noises.