My Walker Seat

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Bryant Aycock

My Walker Seat

Post by Bryant Aycock »

Hello Guys,
After sitting on a cut-off barstool for 38 years. I decided to buy a real seat. I called Ray Walker,who lives around twenty miles from me. I knew I needed a taller seat than most players. I went to see Ray, He took his time and measured for the right height. I picked my seat up Tuesday. Besides building the best seat out there, he values his customers. I don't know how I made it all these years. I may not sound like the "Big Boys", but at least now I look like 'em. Barstools are for drinking beer. Steel players need a Walker Seat. Whatever you're using now, buy a Walker Seat.
Thanks Ray,
Bryant
Bob Bartoli

Walker Seats

Post by Bob Bartoli »

Walker seats and Ray are the BEST hands down!!!!!Love my two!!!!
John Davis

Post by John Davis »

Reckon I have the only two in the UK and there keepers!!! :)
Don Poland

Post by Don Poland »

John Davis wrote:Reckon I have the only two in the UK and there keepers!!! :)
John, are you forgetting in your old age?? :lol:

John Davis

Post by John Davis »

It could be your right Don but the superstars don`t have to pay for their`s do they? So I don`t count`em
Us mere mortals still love our Walker seats.... Is Ray related to that Texas ranger guy we see on the telly over here??:)
Ray Walker

Post by Ray Walker »

Well Bryant, I don't know what to say so I'll just say thanks for trusting in me enough to use my seat. I am very happy that I was able to make you happy and "get you off that darn bar stool" :D
By the way folks....Bryant is full of himself. Not only does he sound like "the big Boys" he is sure one in my eyes. I have had the pleasure of listening to him with his band and what a great traditional country sound they have and full of great steel guitar licks. I know, that I will be personally proud of the fact that he's sitting on a Walker Seat every time I go and listen to them perform. John, thank you for your kind words, and YES Sarah got a free seat cause I love her not because she's good :whoa: Thanks to you too Bob, I really appreciate you. And my thanks goes to my buddy and bestest friend Don Poland. Without him I could not have done what we did over in the steel guitar room.

I thank everyone who has purchased a seat. I will always try my best to go a step above in providing the most comfortable and best looking seat on the market..

God Bless

Ray Walker
Walker Seats
919-524-1774
Hal Higgins

Post by Hal Higgins »

For me.....there's no finer seat made than the "Walker"......comfortable, roomy, and durable. I own the one that has the sidekick compartment, and the backrest......love my "WALKER". Besides...Ray is an alright guy.....(lol)......HAL
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.
Dennis McClendon

My Walker Seat

Post by Dennis McClendon »

I ordered one last week and can't wait to sit in it.

Dennis
Ray Walker

Post by Ray Walker »

Hey Dennis....it's on it's way...hope you enjoy it

Ray
Larry Tracy

Post by Larry Tracy »

I just bought a walker seat and it is a great seat.
Carl Vilar

Post by Carl Vilar »

I just ordered a backrest for my "other brand" steel seat from Ray. And Ray is such a fine gentlemen and great helpful guy that my next new seat will be a Walker. By-the-way my "other" steel seat builder couldn't help me out till september and with my bad back lately I need it NOW! Thanks Ray your the man.
JCH 9/7
1971 Blond Twin Reverb 15" custom
Randall Steel Man 500
Dennis McClendon

Received My Walker Seat

Post by Dennis McClendon »

Ray,
Got my seat in and absolutely love it. Before I bought it, my wife said, Aw just build you one. After she saw it she was very impressed and hey, if she likes it, thats 5 stars for ya! It's nice to be able to practice now in comfort.

Thank you,
Dennis
Terry McCumbee

Post by Terry McCumbee »

GUYS This is one Nice Seat and the workmanship is outstanding and Ray Walker stands behind it 100 percent.Give him a call and he will treat you right.RAY always has some GOOD deals going on and i know EVERYONE likes GOOD DEALS :)
TERRY
Don Poland

Re: Received My Walker Seat

Post by Don Poland »

Dennis McClendon wrote:.......After she saw it she was very impressed and hey, if she likes it, thats 5 stars for ya! .........
Hey, buy 2 They make a great sewing seat for the Missus :lol:
Ray Walker

Post by Ray Walker »

:lol: That's good Don...now don't go getting something started. Thanks guys for all the nice words. We have literally ran out of seats and I am currently working like heck to get the stock back up. I will hopefully be restocked completely by the end of this week. The heat index here has been well over 100 degrees and even with air on in the shop it get's hotter than heck...Also there will be some really interesting announcements in the very near future regarding Walker Seats so keep your eyes open. Gotta get back out to the shop....Thanks again and God bless

Ray Walker
Walker Seats
919-524-1774
Rick Hulett

Post by Rick Hulett »

I just got my Walker seat and my rear end is really happy. Uh...don't take that the wrong way.

Rick
Derby D10, Hilton, Peavey 112
Fred Burkett

Post by Fred Burkett »

Hey Terry, Good to see you on here. You are still a great player. Keep em coming.

Rick in Arizona
Ray Walker

Post by Ray Walker »

Thanks everyone for the kind words and the orders you all have placed. I will be shipping the last of what was ordered tomorrow and will have my stock back up to par this week. You know from time to time, you keep making seats and shipping them and eventually you simply run out of parts....and that's just what happens. I am happy to say that I have now made enough parts to keep me going for a while. Again thanks for all the work....it is always appreciated

God Bless

Ray Walker
Walker Seats
919-524-1774
Rick Barnhart

Post by Rick Barnhart »

:o
Last edited by Rick Barnhart on 27 Sep 2008 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clinesmith consoles D-8/6 5 pedal, D-8 3 pedal & A25 Frypan, Pettingill Teardrop, & P8 Deluxe.
Tony Glassman

Post by Tony Glassman »

Ray builds an excellent seat, and provides KILLER service.

I purchased a seat which was initially too short for me and he raised it up. The seat is now perfect and exceptionally comfortable.........Ray is also helping me repair a competitor's seat so that I have a back-up to leave at band practice. What a guy!
Ray Walker

Post by Ray Walker »

Tony......LOL never mind the e-mail I sent...I remember now...I am waiting on a measurement right????? :\

Ray
Wayne Morgan

Post by Wayne Morgan »

Hey John,, Walker Texas Ranger, and Ray Walker are the same, and poland is his sidekick on the TV show.
Love My Walker Seat. I need more time to use it.
Wayne