Leavitt Tuning - Here' That Rainy Day

Written music for steel guitar

Moderator: Ricky Davis

Therman Jones

Leavitt Tuning - Here' That Rainy Day

Post by Therman Jones »

I've been experimenting with tabbing tunes and converting to PDF files. This is my arrangement of "Here's That Rainy Day" using my expanded version of the Leavitt Tuning. I use F D C Bb G E C# A Hi - Lo but you can still play the song if you have a six string D C Bb G E C#. Also, just to prove it can be done, I have used bar slants in a couple of places. Use the link below to go to my online storage site. Then click to download the pdf file.

If you don't have Adobe PDF reader email me and I will help you get one.

I plan to video tape this song and put it on YouTube in a day or two...but I wanted to try out this method of delivery for the tab files. Let me know if you like it...or not.

Thanks, Therman

http://cid-b7ae1644f53eee47.skydrive.li ... %20Day.pdf
Customized 8 string Artisan lap steel....it will have to do until I hit the lottery...
Roy Thomson

Post by Roy Thomson »

That looks very good to me Therman.
I downloaded it and will try it soon.
What software are you using?
Custom Tabs Various Tunings
Courses Lap Steel, Pedal Steel
Therman Jones

Post by Therman Jones »

Thanks Roy, I hope you like it. The video is now on line at YouTube.

For the tab I used Open Writer, an application in the Open Office Suite. This is a free open source project that includes wordprocessor, spreadsheet, and several other applications. I set up a template with my 8 string tuning and blank strings. Then just loaded the template and typed in the numbers. The best thing about it is being able to 'Export to PDF'. No special software is required to view the file.

Let me know what you think.

Therman
Customized 8 string Artisan lap steel....it will have to do until I hit the lottery...
Andy Sandoval

Post by Andy Sandoval »

Therman, that tab looks very good to me too. Good job. BTW, I had to search for your video and finally found it. Here's a quick link to it. Click Here

Hi Roy!