sacramento western swing

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

david berzansky

sacramento western swing

Post by david berzansky »

anyone going to the western swing society event this weekend? i will be there from san diego with ray poe's pickin time and cant wait to hear and meet some of you guys. sounds like its going to be a great one.
david b
Ron Whitworth

Post by Ron Whitworth »

Hi David;
I can't make it but would you please say a big "HELLO" to Ray & his wife also the the lead guitar player & Ron(the BEST sax player i ever heard!!) from Ray's Pickin' Time band..Tell 'em that Ron from Yuma said that!!!....Thanks Ron
david berzansky

ron,
you bet i will tell him hi for ya. rod rodriguez can really get on that sax cant he? unfortunatly we will be missing him up there as his daughter is getting married and wont be able to attend. this is a great group of guys, i am very fortunate to be pickin with them. take care
david b
Patti Maxine

Post by Patti Maxine »

Hi David,
I am attending the Sacramento event for the first time this year. 'Going up early on Fri. Maybe I'll see you there. Check out my band site: www.saddleupandboogie.com so you'll recognige me!

Happy Trails,
Patti Maxine

------------------
david berzansky

ok patti i will be looking for you. i will be there the whole time from thurs to sunday and looking forward to all the good music.
david b
Gene Jones

Post by Gene Jones »

If my long time friend Boyd Rogers makes this event, please say hello for me! www.genejones.com
Jim Palenscar

Post by Jim Palenscar »

Where is this going to be held?
Pete Grant

Post by Pete Grant »

Go to http://steelguitarforum.com/Forum4/HTML/003333.html and click on the Bobby Black gig link.
Al Gershen

Post by Al Gershen »

Hi SGF:

I attended two days of the Sacramento Western Swing show and took almost 200 digital still photos. I'll be posting my photos of the steelers that were there this week.

I'll let you know when the photos are online.

------------------
Regards,
Al Gershen
Grants Pass, Oregon. USA
Fender 1000 (1956),
Fender PS 210 (1971) &
Gibson Electraharp EH-820 (1960)
Al's Photographs and "Photos of the Day" at http://www.alsphotographs.com

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Al Gershen on 09 October 2002 at 09:17 AM.]</p></FONT>
david berzansky

i sure enjoyed this event. i made a bunch of new friends and it was a pleasure to meet every one of you. patti, im sorry i didnt get to hear you play but i heard you really sounded good up there...next time. al it was nice to talk with you and yes you did take a ton of pictures. i am glad to see fellow steelers taking pictures because they know where to aim! thanks for sharing them, let us know when they are up on your site.
gene jones, i have been meaning to get a hold of you. i am the one who ended up with your old super pro and am very fortunate to have boyd and bernie rodgers as friends of mine. when i first met them (at a job we were picking together) i knew you guys were old friends and they were tickled to learn i was playing an old steel of yours. they wanted me to make sure i told you hello for them. real nice people.
david
Gene Jones

Post by Gene Jones »

David thank you very much for the information about my friends Boyd & Bernie Rogers....and that is also great news that I now know who has the Super-Pro. I have regretted not keeping it, but thought I didn't need two guitars.

By the way, there are pictures of both, the Super Pro and the Rogers Twins, on my website if you haven't seen them.

Thanks again, and my best to you...Gene www.genejones.com